Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
In a unit you’re trying to sell???? :eek::D:D

If nobody offers what I want for it, I won’t sell it. I love the machine but I can’t afford to buy something else if I don’t get enough. And I still enjoy using the 500 so it’s okay if it doesn’t sell.

It couldn’t be too hard to make this work on a 700 or 1000. At least not any harder than it was to put it on a 500.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Agree, with the tapped mounting holes, a mounting bracket could be made for many machines with 24 inch length on roof. Originally posted on home page General Discussion, maybe add a 2nd opinion comment there to let others know. Music Radio deal

Improved my bass sound quality by 0 Treble and Max Bass setting.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Used the radio finally. Very very pleased! Cruising down the road at almost Max speed (for a 500) and could hear the music over everything else. The sound quality is great!

Now I just wish that I would have got this radio sooner!

The only nit to pick is that the Bluetooth range is not great. If your streaming music from your phone, it will start cutting out when the phone is just a few feet outside of the machine. Very very minor and not a problem for me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Agree on BT range, but of course no issues with the phone in the radios phone box. Keeping an old recycled phone in there on USB charge. Not a bad unit that turns out good for a universal fit in other machines. Liking the easy access to controls overhead, “old school” knob for volume is nice versus push and hold button on prior radio.

Bet @trigger never imagined his sticker next to POLARIS, on a P500! LOL

Just kidding, whats different between the two pics.

4DC415A9 F177 4558 BAA6 E5565ED2B61C 187F31CB 9CC7 4947 BE35 E894C0BEF866

Last edited:
Reactions: ehart814
luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mudder. Great find.easy install and will be awesome on the trails.plenty loud and radio sounded great without antenna hooked up

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
Presumably this could just as easily be installed in a 700 or 1000......:confused:???

Well, since I'm a glutton for punishment, I bought one of them for my 700. I knew I'd have to install center bars, and had planned on welding them in. So I packed up my tubing, hole saws, and tube notching jig to do it at work, since we were going to be slow today. Once I started taking things apart, I decided that I really didn't want to weld anything permanent to it just yet. The new still isn't wore off the thing. So getting my inspiration from this QD855OGR, I set out to build an adjustable center bar that I could remove if I wanted to. And this is what I came up with.
Pioneer Stereo  1 Pioneer Stereo  2 Pioneer Stereo  3 Pioneer Stereo  5
I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the passenger side cage bar and ran the wires down the A-Pillar to my accessory fuse box that is powered by the aux battery.
I gotta say, this was a great purchase. The unit has no problems with Bluetooth connectivity like others I have tried, and it sounds amazing for as small as it is. Thanks Mudder for the original write up.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Good idea and skills for a sturdy mount and extra ROPS protection. Just a thought, using Honda Quick camps to support a moveable L/R cross bar for overhead mount of rear bolts, flat bar stock to connect, for people like me without welding skills, LOL. A bonus is the dual row LED dome lights. Looks like you have a good platform if you want to add light storage overhead. Thanks for the first P700 post @Gunslingertom .

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Wonder how it would work on a different machine? Are the clamps made for different dia roll bars?

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Some play with stock bracket screws, very likely OK. Worse case fix with longer screws as brackets are not a full round design for a specific diameter. Unlike the honda OEM quick clamps which are more diameter specific.

Last edited:
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Single supplied bracket clamps the front ROPS, rear wedges snuggly using supplied rubber pads between ROPS and OEM roof. No DIY brackets needed, but did shift the center OEM roof bracket so the radio would be centered.

@Mudder Did you simply drill new holes in your OEM roof ignorer to shift the bracket over? Also, would the radio fit the same on either side of the OEM roof bracket?

I have my finger on the "buy" button :D

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@ToddH , Yes, simply drilled holes and shifted center roof bracket a few inches, but still inside the OEM humps. Plugged old holes with small bolt/nut and black silicone. It could have fit on either side, but I centered it due to preference of driver side ham radio mount. Stereo separation effect is better if directly overhead, but just adjusted the balance to compensate. Know this as my Polaris Ace is centered over the single seat. Good thing is it can be easily positioned. Lengthy reply, but hope it makes sense. Next step is to check out the audio ouput to see if I can add in the two under hood speakers from the prior radio, it seems to have plenty of wattage output to handle it (volume wise).

5D74320B 8C8C 46D3 A143 1E25B629F96C

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd627
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
@ToddH , Yes, simply drilled holes and shifted center roof bracket a few inches, but still inside the OEM humps. Plugged old holes with small bolt/nut and black silicone. It could have fit on either side, but I centered it due to preference of driver side ham radio mount. Stereo separation effect is better if directly overhead, but just adjusted the balance to compensate. Know this as my Polaris Ace is centered over the single seat. Good thing is it can be easily positioned. Lengthy reply, but hope it makes sense. Next step is to check out the audio ouput to see if I can add the two under hood speakers from the prior radio, it seems to have plenty of wattage output to handle it (volume wise).

View attachment 115044

Yes, totally makes sense. Thank you Sir.

Thoughts on possibly being able to link two units together and mount one on each side of the roof bracket?

Reactions: Eltobgi
Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Jealous of the success of the catchy @trigger shield name, may call this MuddersMTX. LOL

Make the sticker the perfect size to cover the Polaris on there and I will buy one :D

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Don’t see why two would not fit. Interesting..

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Don’t see why two would not fit. Interesting..

Maybe @trigger could chime in on his thoughts of being able to link the two units together.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'd have to see the units but you're basically looking to have 4 speakers instead of 2? If that's the case you would have to disable one of the tuners/head units.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I'd have to see the units but you're basically looking to have 4 speakers instead of 2? If that's the case you would have to disable one of the tuners/head units.

Thanks @triggger!

advertisement