Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you JohnnyC. Your reply is much appreciated.

Cheers!
Stauvo

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Well...I will let you guys know how well the power commander works on this machine!! I have one ordered and should be here in a couple days!!:D My wife hates that I can never leave well enough alone!:p I have to modifie everything I can get my hands on....time will tell!!

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...I will let you guys know how well the power commander works on this machine!! I have one ordered and should be here in a couple days!!:D My wife hates that I can never leave well enough alone!:p I have to modifie everything I can get my hands on....time will tell!!

What did they company have to say about the power potential of the Pioneer with this tuner?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
What did they company have to say about the power potential of the Pioneer with this tuner?

According to them with a fully stock machine it wouldn't be huge actual power gain on a dyno but that factory tune was very lean in spots for emissions and the PC will give it a much more powerful feel and pull better all the way through its rpm range. Giving it a much better power curve. I will also raise the rpm limiter to 8500 rpms. I down loaded a 0-60 app on my phone (not that I am saying that app is accurate) and will do a before and after pulls in all the settings to atleast give me a before and after reading!! PC said that as the after market starts to make power adders for this machine that it will come alive a lot more. I gathered that the potential is there. I have always enjoyed playing with this side of power-sports and doing little tweaks here and there. I haven't totally been able to verify but I think the difference between this motor and the African twin (which is 94 hp) could only be a different cam! I am hoping the tuner is in today and can install it this weekend!!;)

B

bdiesel3

Feb 14, 2016
West MI
If it is true that the only difference is a cam, Honda better stock up cause people would be buying them up if that's true. Combine that with a tune of a PC and the pioneer will crazy powerful!!