Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey I'm pretty happy too with power. I have noticed three quirks and one thing that is annoying me. It's hard sometimes to shift out of drive,takes a bit for diff lock,every once in a while there is a slight hiccup when getting back on the gas. I'm not excited about the seatbelts getting tangled up in the door latch area. I will bring it in for a checkup at dealer for those items. Other then those few things omg!!! What a rig! Plenty of power almost scary at times as you lose track of speed in this bad it's so smooth and quiet(way more so then the 700) and fast that you are just cruising. Plenty of power:)

Reactions: pct
W

WFM

Jun 20, 2015
Maine
Do you notice any heat coming up around the seats CumminsPusher ??

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
Do you notice any heat coming up around the seats CumminsPusher ??
I did notice heat through the front seat. Here in Arkansas its running around 50/60 degrees in the evening so it feels good, but next summer when its hot enough outside to ignite what hair i have left, it wont be quite so nice!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Way less then the 700. Which I missed on our last few rides as it was cold :-( The seat now has a latch and sits down better.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This engine/transmission combo is unflipping real! Incredible setup! Driven lots of rigs but...damn. Mark my words this setup will become standard in everything in a few years or manufacturers will be left behind! It's now time for others to play catchup! Problem is will other manufacturers be able to build them to last? I'm sure their r&d teams are already reverse engineering off of torn apart 1000's. Snowmobile transmissions are a thing of the past!!!! AWESOME!! Love it

Last edited:
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey I'm pretty happy too with power. I have noticed three quirks and one thing that is annoying me. It's hard sometimes to shift out of drive,takes a bit for diff lock,every once in a while there is a slight hiccup when getting back on the gas. I'm not excited about the seatbelts getting tangled up in the door latch area. I will bring it in for a checkup at dealer for those items. Other then those few things omg!!! What a rig! Plenty of power almost scary at times as you lose track of speed in this bad it's so smooth and quiet(way more so then the 700) and fast that you are just cruising. Plenty of power:)

I am playing with that too. Seems like I had just a bit of lag sometimes going into 4WD or 4wd diff lock. I'm not sure if it's just the display or if it's the actual mechanics. I have only about 23 miles on my machine with none of those miles requiring 4wd so I will test some more as I run and play.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If somebody would come out with a fuel/ignition controller, I got the perfect turbo sitting on shelf. It's off a twin turbo 3000GT lol. Aftermarket needs to hurry up. The Pioneer is here to stay.

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone installed some kind of a block on the floor yet to have a pivot brace for the foot to aid with gas peddle control? Some of the videos I watch you can see heads snap back at the slightest touch of the gas. :)

Sxsnewbie

Sxsnewbie

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2015
Eastern Connecticut
Has anyone installed some kind of a block on the floor yet to have a pivot brace for the foot to aid with gas peddle control? Some of the videos I watch you can see heads snap back at the slightest touch of the gas. :)
All in the wrist...

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4

This ain't your grand daddy's Gator you have to learn throttle control, all it takes is practice and discipline. Everyone got spoiled with the previous models and could mash it all days long with the P1K you have to apply judicious use of the throttle. Still not as touchy as this:

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
If somebody would come out with a fuel/ignition controller, I got the perfect turbo sitting on shelf. It's off a twin turbo 3000GT lol. Aftermarket needs to hurry up. The Pioneer is here to stay.
I think the power commander can do timing for them. It looked like it was available for them now.

Tabascojunkie

Tabascojunkie

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 25, 2016
SE Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Available Product/s and Accessories
Powercommander V (Fuel & Ignition)
Part Number: 16-063
Price: $ 419.99
Maps, Installs Buy
AutoTune (Single Channel)
Part Number: AT-200
Price: $ 324.99
Buy
Buy
POD-300
Part Number: POD-300
Price: $ 249.99
Buy

Tune em up!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That'd take care of the fuel side. Now we need some hi-po stuff to get more air or it'll be totally useless lol.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I am calling power commander on Monday and gonna ask a few questions about it. I plan on ordering it after my conversation with them. The way I look at it is that the pioneer setup isn't restricted down to only allowing this horsepower but that Honda detuned it down to the 70's horsepower range because of it being a utility Sxs. If that's the case then the tuning can add a good amount of power and raise the rpm without changing a bunch of external/internal stuff on it. That's some of the questions I want to ask PC and see if what kind of testing they did.

Reactions: PioneerPete and pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am calling power commander on Monday and gonna ask a few questions about it. I plan on ordering it after my conversation with them. The way I look at it is that the pioneer setup isn't restricted down to only allowing this horsepower but that Honda detuned it down to the 70's horsepower range because of it being a utility Sxs. If that's the case then the tuning can add a good amount of power and raise the rpm without changing a bunch of external/internal stuff on it. That's some of the questions I want to ask PC and see if what kind of testing they did.
They make a good product I had both on a polaris 900 xp it made a big improvement with the right map

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I had a couple on my sport bikes and I was always happy with the results too!!

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I made a 2.5" x 4" x 1" high block
out of some scrap oak. I rounded
the corners, painted it black. I
will screw it to the floor & add
some pool tape to the top. I haven't
driven our 1K3 very much yet, but
that is one thing I know I needed to
add.

John

Reactions: Stauvo
advertisement