P500 Mobile 1 75w140 syn gear oil

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
im a mobile 1 whore just my preference after trying pretty much all of them and all pretty much equal
Someone told me you can't mix synthetic with regular axle lubricant because it will tear up the gears.I did see where mobil 1 has gl4 and gl5 specs.I did use it one time in a 1998 Ford ranger and the rear end went out.Maybe coincidence. I run Mobil I oil in all my vehicles even the Duramax. Not sure on this axle situation.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Someone told me you can't mix synthetic with regular axle lubricant because it will tear up the gears.I did see where mobil 1 has gl4 and gl5 specs.I did use it one time in a 1998 Ford ranger and the rear end went out.Maybe coincidence. I run Mobil I oil in all my vehicles even the Duramax. Not sure on this axle situation.
Drain and fill ull be fine thats like saying u cant run syn oil in your car cuz it will cause all your gaskests to fail lol blah blah blah better is better there are still ppl saying carbs are more effective then fi

hambone

hambone

Mar 14, 2015
Southeast Indiana
Drain and fill ull be fine thats like saying u cant run syn oil in your car cuz it will cause all your gaskests to fail lol blah blah blah better is better there are still ppl saying carbs are more effective then fi
I agree, synthetic is the way to go.
Although I haven't put any in the engine yet, of the P5 anyway.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Just installed mobil 1 75w140.The front housing appears to hold more volume than the rear.I was kind of surprised at that.
Well after reading you guys post i bit the bullet this past weekend & changed the rear & front gear oil with motorcraft 75w-140 syn oil and OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE-best $22.00 ive spent so far.THIS IS THE BEST WEB SITE I HAVE EVER JOINED----THANKS GUYSFOR THE INFO

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FINALLY got around to changing the dif fluid and definitely made a huge difference in the rearend noise and thats what i was shooting for :) yay go me pats on the back lmao

Would you change oil right after you bought unit? I just got it 2 days ago and reading this post , was thinking if I change it now I would reduce that noise. Please advice.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
What's the stock diff oil? I'm probably gonna throw my Torq Locker in tomorrow, but the diff only has about 20 miles on it. I'd like to continue to run the stock stuff to allow a good wear/break-in before switching over to some thicker synthetic. Plan is to run it for 3 days at PTO with the stock fluids, then change everything over to synthetic when I get home as it should be well past the 100 mile mark by that time.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
What's the stock diff oil? I'm probably gonna throw my Torq Locker in tomorrow, but the diff only has about 20 miles on it. I'd like to continue to run the stock stuff to allow a good wear/break-in before switching over to some thicker synthetic. Plan is to run it for 3 days at PTO with the stock fluids, then change everything over to synthetic when I get home as it should be well past the 100 mile mark by that time.
you wont have an issue swapping it out

advertisement