P1000 mjn's build thread

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I hear ya buddy. I do like the sweet back lighting and that's something I can't do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Just sell a few of those cool bumpers you had on the orange one and it will pay for your switch panel.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, the switch panel, auxiliary battery, and fusebox are installed! I used the same parts as @OnTheJob .. Thanks dude! made the install much easier!
Anyway, I've still got some tidying up to do under the hood, but everything is hooked up and works.

IMG 3628 IMG 3627 IMG 3625

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, that set up looks familiar. Great job! See it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be! I'll say it again, that panel is slick, well done!

I forget, do you have a winch yet? Are you gonna transfer the winch power to the second battery?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, that set up looks familiar. Great job! See it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be! I'll say it again, that panel is slick, well done!

I forget, do you have a winch yet? Are you gonna transfer the winch power to the second battery?

Thank you! I think it looks pretty cool too! :)

No winch yet. I've paid for it, it's setting at the dealership. I just didn't want to do the install before I had the aux battery in.. Yes, the winch will be connected to the aux battery.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! I think it looks pretty cool too! :)

No winch yet. I've paid for it, it's setting at the dealership. I just didn't want to do the install before I had the aux battery in.. Yes, the winch will be connected to the aux battery.
Good idea on waiting, looks really good

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look what's peekin' out of the front of my machine! FINALLY! I have the Pro Vantage 4500S installed. Now I don't have to worry as much about where I go.
I had the dealer do the first service and the recal while it was there. I'll handle the services from here on out.

Also spent an hour or so fine tuning/trimming the bedside plates. Getting closer to having a saw mount!

IMG 3677

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At the last minute, my cousin and I got tues and weds off. We loaded up and headed to north Idaho early in the AM.

What a great couple of days! We spent a fair amount of time in the Honda, and one of the things we did was try all 3 settings on the Fox Q3's.

I never get the chance to do that up there, as I always have my wife and at least one dog with me.. not a good time to rip the trails.

With just my Cuz and I, we put them to the test.
*Softest setting; (where it's been for months) is great for slow, mellow riding. Soaks up the bumps incredibly well.. very plush. However, once speeds come up, you notice that it's a bit loose.
*Medium setting; For me, the perfect blend. Still handles bumps well, without beating up us passengers. Rollin at 25-40 mph on bumpy, narrow gravel/dirt skid roads, it feels FAR more planted. Slides nicely without much slop.. it works well.
*stiffest setting; Pretty darned firm. Reminded me of the firmness my Viking had. I think if I was going to ride trails where there wasn't any Kelly humps or drainage ditches across... I'd use the firm setting. As it is, I'm gonna leave it on the middle setting.

IMG 3796

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
At the last minute, my cousin and I got tues and weds off. We loaded up and headed to north Idaho early in the AM.

What a great couple of days! We spent a fair amount of time in the Honda, and one of the things we did was try all 3 settings on the Fox Q3's.

I never get the chance to do that up there, as I always have my wife and at least one dog with me.. not a good time to rip the trails.

With just my Cuz and I, we put them to the test.
*Softest setting; (where it's been for months) is great for slow, mellow riding. Soaks up the bumps incredibly well.. very plush. However, once speeds come up, you notice that it's a bit loose.
*Medium setting; For me, the perfect blend. Still handles bumps well, without beating up us passengers. Rollin at 25-40 mph on bumpy, narrow gravel/dirt skid roads, it feels FAR more planted. Slides nicely without much slop.. it works well.
*stiffest setting; Pretty darned firm. Reminded me of the firmness my Viking had. I think if I was going to ride trails where there wasn't any Kelly humps or drainage ditches across... I'd use the firm setting. As it is, I'm gonna leave it on the middle setting.

View attachment 90820
That’s pretty close to my thoughts. Soft isn’t enough and any time riding aggressively move to firm. Fox did a good job on these, any riding style can be achieved with a click or two no bs.
You head up to Gold Creek?

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement