Low range

C

chris

Apr 23, 2014
Hi All I have a 2013 Big Red but have trouble getting up our mountain roads as the low gear runs out of steam and I have to resort to reversing up the steep inclines does anyone have a solution for this .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the forum.
Where are your mountains?

A pipe and a hi-flow air filter with a power commander will help...but the lack of a low range is a major handicap for Honda SxS's. And thick oil makes these things doggy, so don't run 20-50 or something like that.

C

chris

Apr 23, 2014
Thanx for that .I am in The southern Drakensberg South Africa ranging from 2000-3000m above sea level .
Where can I get a pipe and filter etc from would have to import from the US I guess as Honda here wont stock anything like that they don't even bring in the sxsides had to import privately .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
According to my math, 3000m = 9842.5' in elevation. At 9300' my Pioneer won't pull itself through 6" of snow, so i don't know if all of these items will give you enough power to do anything but very casual trails. I hate to say it, but i think you bought thr wrong SxS for your needs.

The double wammy is that the Big Red had very little aftermarket support. I think Big Gun makes an exhaust...but others will chime with help there. A power commander and K & N filter are out there.