Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
I just joined. Already had some help which I love all the info. 2021 P7. I hate the stock shocks. I just ordered the fox podium 1.5 very $$. I’d like to add a pair of SATV high clearance control arms and upgraded ball joints . I’d like to put 28” tires on stock rims. I was pretty sure about this setup but after reading through the forums I’m a little confused. I definitely want the fox shocks. I just bought a brand new 2024 Rubicon deluxe. After riding that my SXS feels like a pig lol. But I love it I work my property hard with it.

- fox podium bought already.
- tires I’d like to go 28” tires on stock
- SATV high clearance A arms
- Keller ball joints lower
- new front drive shaft. Boot collapsed

Does that sound like it would work. I’m reading about wheels offset spacer no clearance.

Thanks in advance for any help. I’ll spend the money I just hate wasting it.

IMG 0022 IMG 0037 IMG 2053

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I just joined. Already had some help which I love all the info. 2021 P7. I hate the stock shocks. I just ordered the fox podium 1.5 very $$. I’d like to add a pair of SATV high clearance control arms and upgraded ball joints . I’d like to put 28” tires on stock rims. I was pretty sure about this setup but after reading through the forums I’m a little confused. I definitely want the fox shocks. I just bought a brand new 2024 Rubicon deluxe. After riding that my SXS feels like a pig lol. But I love it I work my property hard with it.

- fox podium bought already.
- tires I’d like to go 28” tires on stock
- SATV high clearance A arms
- Keller ball joints lower
- new front drive shaft. Boot collapsed

Does that sound like it would work. I’m reading about wheels offset spacer no clearance.

Thanks in advance for any help. I’ll spend the money I just hate wasting it.

View attachment 442983 View attachment 442984 View attachment 442985
Welcome to the club from South Florida

I'm not familiar with the 700s but it sounds like what you have on your list will be a nice set up. I'm not sure if it's the same as the P1K but the reason for the spacers is to keep close to the same wheel track after changing to aftermarket wheels. If you're sticking with the stock wheels then either got with same OE widths or you'll end up with more/less sidewall bulge front to back, for example......(front wheels are 7 rears are 9)

Wheels and tires along with offsets is a deep rabbit hole if you let it..................don't overthink it

Good luck 👍

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Welcome to the club from South Florida

I'm not familiar with the 700s but it sounds like what you have on your list will be a nice set up. I'm not sure if it's the same as the P1K but the reason for the spacers is to keep close to the same wheel track after changing to aftermarket wheels. If you're sticking with the stock wheels then either got with same OE widths or you'll end up with more/less sidewall bulge front to back, for example......(front wheels are 7 rears are 9)

Wheels and tires along with offsets is a deep rabbit hole if you let it..................don't overthink it

Good luck 👍
Thanks Brother. I guess got to play with it a little. I guess go big items first. Can always add a tweak.

Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Lifts and better ride don't really go hand in hand. They typically makes the ride much stiffer since the shock is more vertical.
True. Im trying to hit a sweat spot. The fox’s will be a good start and the SATV arms. I’d like to push the 28inch tires on stock. Trying to avoid a lift kit.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True. Im trying to hit a sweat spot. The fox’s will be a good start and the SATV arms. I’d like to push the 28inch tires on stock. Trying to avoid a lift kit.
Make sure the a arms are forward offset. When I had my 700 I put 28" ITP Blackwaters on 14" 5+3 offset rims. The 700 did not like that offset on those rims. If you stay stock rims then I would stay with stock width on the tires. Good luck

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think you are on track. The only thing is, I can't tell how much height you will gain. Have you done anything with your swaybar?
I have 28's on my 700 and they do fine. My arched A-arms (manufactured locally) will allow the rims to rub under hard turns but I manage that by being careful.
Even with the improved ball joints I would not recommend more than 5 inches lift. But that's me.

Good luck.

advertisement
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Make sure the an arms are forward offset. When I had my 700 I put 28" ITP Blackwaters on 14" 5+3 offset rims. The 700 did not like that offset on those rims. If you stay stock rims then I would stay with stock width on the tires. Good luck
Good info.
I think you are on track. The only thing is, I can't tell how much height you will gain. Have you done anything with your swaybar?
I have 28's on my 700 and they do fine. My arched A-arms (manufactured locally) will allow the rims to rub under hard turns but I manage that by being careful.
Even with the improved ball joints I would not recommend more than 5 inches lift. But that's me.

Good luck.
try not to go with a lift. I was hoping the fox shocks will give me enough. to Not do a lift. It’s says in the directions they give you .75 to 1.5 inches over stock. I’m probably going to have to go with 14x7 wheels. I like the stock steelies. I’ve never had a leak or had to put air in them and a like them. If I have to do a lift strong made has a 2.5 kit that looks goood. I just bought a two inch receiver attachment from strong made for my 2024 rubicon deluxe. they make nice stuff

Reactions: WagginTail
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
28s will work but forward arched arms are the better set up.2 companies make them. Moorehead and Danny Duncan. Danny Duncan are the ones I went withView attachment 443046
Wow, I love that 700 that’s what I’m going for. got a link for either company. Do you have a lift kit on that ? I really like that !!!

Reactions: Mudwisel
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Welcome from Mississippi. @Backwoods used to have a 700.
#NTC
Love you pic brother !! Looks like Mississippi got a better shot for trump. I live in NY these people here cry about the state of the union and still through in for dems. There’s a lot of us here but not enough.

Reactions: rockremoval
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2

Good luck.
No haven’t done anything to the sway bar. Any suggestion that worked for you ?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good info.

try not to go with a lift. I was hoping the fox shocks will give me enough. to Not do a lift. It’s says in the directions they give you .75 to 1.5 inches over stock. I’m probably going to have to go with 14x7 wheels. I like the stock steelies. I’ve never had a leak or had to put air in them and a like them. If I have to do a lift strong made has a 2.5 kit that looks goood. I just bought a two inch receiver attachment from strong made for my 2024 rubicon deluxe. they make nice stuff
I installed the strongmade lift kit on my 700 when I had it. I swear it ended up giving me less clearance. And bracket lifts make the ride even more horrible than what the 700 already is. I ended up taking it off. You probably should do what mudwisel did. You have the shocks already. Get the forward offset a arms and you should be good to go

Reactions: Jfann13338
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
Jfann13338

Jfann13338

Supporting Member
Sep 2, 2024
New york
Ownership

1. 520

2. 700-2
I installed the strongmade lift kit on my 700 when I had it. I swear it ended up giving me less clearance. And bracket lifts make the ride even more horrible than what the 700 already is. I ended up taking it off. You probably should do what mudwisel did. You have the shocks already. Get the forward offset a arms and you should be good to go
Yeah I looked at the morehead ones. Honda Pioneer 700 forward a-arms they pretty nice. $875 I hope that’s for the set lol. I’m going to have more into this thing then my ram 2500 Cummins f***.

Reactions: Mudwisel
Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Wow, I love that 700 that’s what I’m going for. got a link for either company. Do you have a lift kit on that ? I really like that !!!
No lift but shocks were made to give me about an inch lift. The danny Duncan arms are more than the moorhead and use hiem joints in stead of bushings. Either one will work and give more than enough clearance for 28s. I could have run 30s with no issues what so ever. From different angleView

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
No haven’t done anything to the sway bar. Any suggestion that worked for you ?
I removed mine. Many people have. The difference is night and day. Throw some boards out in the yard and drive over them. Disconnect the swaybar and drive over them again. (You can just unbolt the linkages and use a ziptie to hold it out of the way for this test)
Disconnecting the swaybar lets the independent suspension be "independent".
A lot of 700 owners have done this.

WARNING: The swaybar is there for a reason. It's primary purpose is to prevent overturn when cornering at high speeds. I don't drive fast.

advertisement