Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spacer

PolarisLogo

URGENT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear Polaris RZR Owner,

Polaris Industries Inc. has issued Safety Alert Z-16-01 for some Model Year 2013-2016 RZR vehicles.

The reason for this recall:

Your vehicle may be affected by the conditions listed below, any of which may pose a fire hazard.

What Polaris and your dealer will do:

Parts are readily available to complete the recall work. Your Polaris RZR dealer has been authorized to complete the updates outlined below that pertain to your vehicle at no cost to you:

Affected Component

Repair Action

Z-16-01-A

Fuel Tank Vent Line

Replace the fuel tank vent line to ensure proper routing and a more durable material that prevents kinking and abrasion.

This must be completed in addition to a prior bulletin relating to a pinched vent line.

Z-16-01-B

ECU Reprogramming

Install a revised ECU calibration to detect misfire and prevent excessive exhaust temperatures

Z-16-01-C

Voltage Regulator

Replace the voltage regulator to decrease the risk of it overheating

Z-16-01-D

Heat Shielding

Replace and install additional heat shielding to decrease the risk of rear bed/box melting, and to channel fuel away from the engine bay area in the event accidental liquid spills

Z-16-01-E

Fuse Box Seal

Replace the fuse box seal to a more durable version that reduces the risk of water intrusion and an electrical malfunction

What you should do:

Please contact your local Polaris RZR dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment to have the bulletin completed. When making contact with your dealer, discuss parts availability, their schedule and how long they will need to keep your vehicle to complete the updates. Your local Polaris dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page.

**DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THIS SAFETY BULLETIN HAS BEEN COMPLETED BY YOUR POLARIS RZR DEALER.**

This notice was mailed to you according to our most current registration information. If you no longer own this vehicle, or if some of the contact information in this notice is incorrect, please contact your local Polaris RZR dealer to complete a transfer of ownership.

While your Polaris RZR dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if you have any questions your dealer cannot address, you may call us at: 844-373-6614.

We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to customer satisfaction and providing world class products for riders to enjoy.

Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

844-373-6614

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At least the Hondas aren't burning up.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not been a good couple of years to be a Polaris dealer. What kills me is the undying devotion of the people that keep buying them. We got people scared of the tiny percent of pioneers with clutch problems, yet more and more rzrs and rangers are being sold.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Not been a good couple of years to be a Polaris dealer. What kills me is the undying devotion of the people that keep buying them. We got people scared of the tiny percent of pioneers with clutch problems, yet more and more rzrs and rangers are being sold.

It is amazing to me. I have been at Abernathy's during a recall and people calling every 5 min and pitching a fit about why they can't go ahead and buy a machine instead of waiting until the recall is completed.

Me, after I found out all the recalls, I would have been calling about a Honda or a Yamaha instead..

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There are issues that Honda should have recall campaigns on, but just aren't stepping up and taking care of.
Your gonna piss off these guys...
who bleed Honda....
but loyalty. ...should NEVER out
weight....the truth...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Cause dealers tell buyers...those are
problems of the past....Look around..
they say...PoPo....got the market 10 to 1
....everywhere I ride....
True .....

Reactions: Smitty335
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Spacer

PolarisLogo

URGENT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear Polaris RZR Owner,

Polaris Industries Inc. has issued Safety Alert Z-16-01 for some Model Year 2013-2016 RZR vehicles.

The reason for this recall:

Your vehicle may be affected by the conditions listed below, any of which may pose a fire hazard.

What Polaris and your dealer will do:

Parts are readily available to complete the recall work. Your Polaris RZR dealer has been authorized to complete the updates outlined below that pertain to your vehicle at no cost to you:

Affected Component

Repair Action

Z-16-01-A

Fuel Tank Vent Line

Replace the fuel tank vent line to ensure proper routing and a more durable material that prevents kinking and abrasion.

This must be completed in addition to a prior bulletin relating to a pinched vent line.

Z-16-01-B

ECU Reprogramming

Install a revised ECU calibration to detect misfire and prevent excessive exhaust temperatures

Z-16-01-C

Voltage Regulator

Replace the voltage regulator to decrease the risk of it overheating

Z-16-01-D

Heat Shielding

Replace and install additional heat shielding to decrease the risk of rear bed/box melting, and to channel fuel away from the engine bay area in the event accidental liquid spills

Z-16-01-E

Fuse Box Seal

Replace the fuse box seal to a more durable version that reduces the risk of water intrusion and an electrical malfunction

What you should do:

Please contact your local Polaris RZR dealer at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment to have the bulletin completed. When making contact with your dealer, discuss parts availability, their schedule and how long they will need to keep your vehicle to complete the updates. Your local Polaris dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator page.

**DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THIS SAFETY BULLETIN HAS BEEN COMPLETED BY YOUR POLARIS RZR DEALER.**

This notice was mailed to you according to our most current registration information. If you no longer own this vehicle, or if some of the contact information in this notice is incorrect, please contact your local Polaris RZR dealer to complete a transfer of ownership.

While your Polaris RZR dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, if you have any questions your dealer cannot address, you may call us at: 844-373-6614.

We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we are committed to customer satisfaction and providing world class products for riders to enjoy.

Polaris Off-Road Vehicles

844-373-6614
Just called 2 local shops...45 days
before...I could get an appt

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
PoPo Dealers....shows a little...customer service...
spend a little... $ ....BOOM...sales increase...
Smart Advertising. ....
IMO

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Most UTV buyers...want Sporty..
been that way...for years...plus a
great sales pitch...,rebate.....& they
are selling...
key word...sporty....
Honda has nothing to offer...
In that realm...
Not Dogging Honda...just saying
the truth...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cause dealers tell buyers...those are
problems of the past....Look around..
they say...PoPo....got the market 10 to 1
....everywhere I ride....
True .....
I agree, if Honda would take care of the two bad issues they have, heat and needs a low reverse gear, on existing models , let me back up, they can't do anything about low reverse gear, without redesigning a new trans., But on new models they can and put decent shocks on.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I agree, if Honda would take care of the two bad issues they have, heat and needs a low reverse gear, on existing models , let me back up, they can't do anything about low reverse gear, without redesigning a new trans., But on new models they can and put decent shocks on.
I can't understand. ..why they have no sport
model....I know the Talon....it's all talk..till it
makes $....been watchin ..sporty sells...
but...maybe there gonna fix..wats out there..
before..they get in the game...

advertisement