Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have had both and there is no comparison. I have been running my fox on low and they are great. Tires and air pressure also have an impact on ride. If I hadn't sold my eps model I would be putting shocks on for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Would you say that an LE rides as plush as a Polaris? Will it handle well in fast winding trails? Carve corners?
Absolutely rides better than a ranger. Very plush at lower speeds. Still great and smooth at higher speeds. I think It handles well for what it is.

They are great machines but if you are looking for one that can do the Baja 1000 and feel like you are sitting on the couch, this is not the machine for you. I'd buy the x3 or Yamaha

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Would you say that an LE rides as plush as a Polaris? Will it handle well in fast winding trails? Carve corners?
For a five seater it does really well. The Fox shocks make a HUGE difference but really any should. It’s not a sport machine and shouldn’t be thought of as such, it’s a people and load hauler that does everything well. The other limo 4-5 seaters would struggle over tough terrain that this doesn’t but on the dirt road would be gone. Till they break.
Side note though with the paddle shifters it kinda feels like a sport Sxs for sure

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay, I realize that even with the most refined shocks available, it’s still a big utility UTV. It’s never going to compete with an RZR in handling or ride. I’m just trying to get an idea if it’s worth the thousands of dollars extra for an LE.

J

JTW

Okay, I realize that even with the most refined shocks available, it’s still a big utility UTV. It’s never going to compete with an RZR in handling or ride. I’m just trying to get an idea if it’s worth the thousands of dollars extra for an LE.
The question is, do you want i4wd or not.. the deluxe and LE are the same machine minus the 4wd system and Fox shocks.. the other stuff is just accessories. Brush guard, crappy Honda aluminum skid plate, under dash storage, and under seat storage (fancy garbage can).. the only other real difference is the painted body panels. Shocks can be had for $1400, the skid plate you should change anyway. The storage options can be had for $200. So the question is... do you want i4wd.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What jtw said! You are asking the ride difference. Yes 100% the shocks are worth the money. I don’t know how many people said they don’t need them that they run the machine perfect without yet eventually they ride in one with shocks or get a wild hair up thier ass and get them. I haven’t heard anyone complain afterwards lol.
Le and base with shocks will ride the same. If the dollar fig is a lot buy a new 16-17 dlx or std and add shocks and do service bulletins. Like said above the main difference is if the luxury of not shifting from open diff to locked is needed buy Le, if you’d rather put it in the mode you want buy std or dlx. I personally like less electronics there’s already too many imo but everyone has thier own opinions and needs.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does the deluxe and le have the same led headlights? What's the price difference between deluxe and LE?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While I know it's not a sport machine, all SxS's are a compromise. Some are more utility, some are more sport. My Viking was far more utility than this Honda. The Honda will do everything the Vike would do, but when it's time to have fun... it is a LOT more fun.

I can't tell you the difference between the stock shocks and the Fox shocks. What I can tell you, is I LOVE my LE. It rides so damn good it's amazing. Around my place, and when I'm out but rolling fairly slow I leave it on the softest setting. If I'm going to be running higher speeds and want the stability, I'll click it up one or two notches. Works like a dream.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My situation was a little different. I really don't want a 5 seater and all the crap that comes with it. So I had to choose between a EPS version or the Limited. There is no 3 seat deluxe. The price difference between an EPS model and the Limited was maybe $1500 tops. That got me everything listed above plus LED headlights and better wheels and tires. You cant convert an EPS to a limited for that price in the 3 seater world.

Now if you're wanting the 5 i think its quite a bit different. I would probably buy the deluxe and get different shocks, add the dash storage, and front bumper and be happy.

advertisement