Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Picked up a new p520 yesterday and noticed the shifting is real hard. Hopefully it smooths out and gets even better after the first service.
I'm a new owner also, Dealer warned me about hard shifting till break in period. Glad he did, also explained gear ( shaft ?) vs belt. Gear was another +point for me, I can deal with less smooth shift.
Welcome to the forum.
After break in as @Remington stated, this clutch adjustment thread/video may help (assuming the P520 is similar to the P500). Rough shifts normal until then, fine turning the adjustment screw is the key, very little turn of 1/4-1/3 from as found total turns for mine. 5 years and several adjustments since for wear. Lots of good threads via Clutch Adjustment search when the time comes.

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome to the forum.
After break in as @Remington stated, this clutch adjustment thread/video may help (assuming the P520 is similar to the P500). Rough shifts normal until then, fine turning the adjustment screw is the key, very little turn of 1/4-1/3 from as found total turns for mine. 5 years and several adjustments since for wear. Lots of good threads via Clutch Adjustment search when the time comes.
Ha , yeah I wondering for what use that under seat wrench . Must have missed it when reading every word of manual:rolleyes:. Embarrassing moment: I called dealer to ask about rubber strap. 20220314 124153 resized