Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
While I guess anything is possible.
I have not seen one read part voltage. It was usually all or none.
The few bad ones I have had were all dead on one side from the contactor failing to close.

How old is the isolator? Did you buy it from the club store?
I have some open box isolators I will cut a deal on.
I bought it on ebay before I knew about our club. I think it was purchased in 2019 about March. I will be getting one from the club store and I won't need any of the rest of the kit. My duel meter is good as are the wires and cables. I guess I could check the relay to make sure it is working. If you can make me a country deal on the isolator that would be sweet. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Mudwing
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Hondasxs, I think I figured it out and I am telling you so you might can help others if they have a similar situation. I first removed all of the connectors from both batteries and cleaned them. I then re-installed them using a very small amount of electric contact grease. After all is back together, I removed the aux cable at the isolator, fired it up, and retested with the multi-meter. I then measured 14.1 VDC and 13.8 VDC. I reconnected the Aux battery cable and gauge wire, when I checked the gauge in the dash I got nothing. Neither gauge is reading any output. I went back to the isolator and was looking for what could make this happen and BOOM there it was. The ground wire from the isolator was damaged from no telling what so I fixed it and all is well. I still would like to get an isolator from you as a spare so if you could PM me at your convenience I will be in your debt. Thanks to all of you fellows that helped me.

Reactions: Mudwing