Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I was skeptical at first but I gotta say it really helped. I ran it yesterday afternoon ,@ 93* outside , muggy hot from all the hurricane water, and i left my blower fan off. Never noticed any heat from under seat . The down side is that i notice the hot air coming thru the shifter much more now LOL. Thats the
I was skeptical at first but I gotta say it really helped. I ran it yesterday afternoon ,@ 93* outside , muggy hot from all the hurricane water, and i left my blower fan off. Never noticed any heat from under seat . The down side is that i notice the hot air coming thru the shifter much more now LOL. Thats the next project.
theres a fix for that! 2017 radiator air deflector

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was skeptical at first but I gotta say it really helped. I ran it yesterday afternoon ,@ 93* outside , muggy hot from all the hurricane water, and i left my blower fan off. Never noticed any heat from under seat . The down side is that i notice the hot air coming thru the shifter much more now LOL. Thats the next project.

Here's my write up on installing the radiator air deflector. You may or may not have to drill the holes depending on the build date of your machine.
P1000 - 2017 Radiator Air Deflector

Reactions: adnoh
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Picking up mine from dealer tomorrow!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Got mine installed today. I just got done testing it in 90 + degree weather. It helped a lot for free. I'm Glade that Honda made a good attempt to fix the heat problem. I did add some extra heat shield too.

Reactions: adnoh and DRAGFOOT
Jait25

Jait25

Sep 28, 2016
Hope BC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called my dealer here and they ordered the parts and called me back in under a week for the hot seat issue. I also mentioned clutch recall and they jumped on that too. Thanks Hole Shot Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToddACimer
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington
First post has some good pictures of the kit.
Yes it does. Thank you. I have already copied some of those pics to send as well.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
longrhoads

longrhoads

Lifetime Member
Oct 10, 2019
US
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used fire proof automotive hood insulation under the front seat. I purchased 4” bilge fan, 4” ridged aluminum dryer duct, 4” wall vent, and temp controller with sensor. All together I have about $100 into the parts and I don’t have anymore hot seat issue. Summers are 100 + degrees and I’m very happy I did the mod. The 4” parts are a little tight in the engine compartment but it did all fit and I won’t have any issues getting to anything on the engine for normal service. You can do all this with 3” parts but I was thinking bigger is better in this case!
Since I have it connected to my Aux battery along with stereo, I installed a cutoff switch to the bilge fan because it will keep running until it cools to whatever temp you have the temp controller set for shutoff. Fan noise is a little annoying if your not running the engine and have the stereo on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
advertisement
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the comfort kit come already installed on the 2020 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe?