P500 Inflator Recommendations

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Slime 40001 bought years ago to use motorcycling. It’s very compact. Stores the cord and hose all in a small square case, nothing dangling or tangling.

I believe it’s obsolete and 40061 seems to be it’s replacement; I have no experience with the later model.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have a Slime 40001 bought years ago to use motorcycling. It’s very compact. Stores the cord and hose all in a small square case, nothing dangling or tangling.

I believe it’s obsolete and 40061 seems to be it’s replacement; I have no experience with the later model.

Thank you. Ordered the 40061 a few days ago . . .

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Ordered the 40061 a few days ago . . .

20230213 124041
20230213 123953

Upright compressor at home, pan compressor at camp, Viar in truck, and this in buggy will work for me.

J

John Mc

Lifetime Member
Jan 10, 2023
Vermont
Ownership

1. 520
I like the Viair portable compressors. I got my wife the Viair 75P portable compressor to keep in her Subaru. It's only 50 PSI max, but that's plenty for a passenger car or for an ATV. It's significantly quieter, faster, and more reliable than the Harbor Freight models or the cheap stuff sold at the local hardware stores. It draws a max of 10 amps, so it will plug into the cigarette lighter plug of just about any vehicle on the road. It's rated for a 100% duty cycle at 50 PSI. One big reason for choosing this particular model was that it is permanently mounted inside it's hard-shell carrying case, so less likely to get damaged kicking around in the trunk.
Here's the link to the manufactures page on this model: 75P Portable Compressor | VIAIR® Corporation
You can find them at Northern Tool or on Amazon for about $63.

I liked it enough that I got another Viair compressor to keep in my truck: the Viair 88P. Higher pressure, higher flow rate. Has no problem with my larger truck tires. Runs about $90. It does draw enough amps that you need to connect to the battery with the included battery clamps. This is in a soft case, and you take the compressor out when in use.

I just noticed that Viair now makes a model 88P-SXS designed for use on a SXS UTV. Same specs as the regular 88P, but has a 2 pin SAE connector on the power cord (similar to what is used on some battery charger/maintainers). It comes with a set of ring terminals with the mating connector for permanent connection to the battery as well as a set of battery clamps so you can connect those for use with other vehicles. If I connect the ring terminals, I can use the same connection to hook up a battery maintainer.