Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Customer satisfaction and business reputation tie into sales. That directly effects profits.

At some point, they will care.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

They didn't tie into sales for Polaris and Can-Am for years. "Oh it's pretty and fast " Honda customers expect a little more though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I worked for a Nissan dealership for about 25 years as a mechanic. Worked for a Mazda and Hyundai. I did not work on any Hyundai cars. They were crap & junk. This was back in the mid to late 90,s. Every single day cars would come in needing motors and transmissions. They kept them in stock and could replace them in one day. The owner of Hyundai said he did not care the cost of repairs even out of warranty he would replace them for free tow bill and all. As time passed he made better & better cars and was the first manufacturer to offer 10 year or 100,000 mile warranty. Just goes to show that he took care of his customers and now he has very nice cars! Honda can afford to replace a motor in a pioneer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I worked for a Nissan dealership for about 25 years as a mechanic. Worked for a Mazda and Hyundai. I did not work on any Hyundai cars. They were crap & junk. This was back in the mid to late 90,s. Every single day cars would come in needing motors and transmissions. They kept them in stock and could replace them in one day. The owner of Hyundai said he did not care the cost of repairs even out of warranty he would replace them for free tow bill and all. As time passed he made better & better cars and was the first manufacturer to offer 10 year or 100,000 mile warranty. Just goes to show that he took care of his customers and now he has very nice cars! Honda can afford to replace a motor in a pioneer.

Yes, but will they?

Reactions: AZhunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

You know it's funny you say that because Hyundai was such a pos and everyone remembers that. I see around 100 cars every week and imo they are now one of the best as far as quality goes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You know it's funny you say that because Hyundai was such a pos and everyone remembers that. I see around 100 cars every week and imo they are now one of the best as far as quality goes.

100 a week to paint?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
100 a week to paint?

I've done over 100 week but officially it's around between 300-325 month. 18 today lol. Lots of cars in 28 years I tend to see some things

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I figured.

Reactions: k9drivr
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've done over 100 week but officially it's around between 300-325 month. 18 today lol. Lots of cars in 28 years I tend to see some things

Just trying to figure out if they suck because you paint so many, or because they are mechanically deficient?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
skidooby

skidooby

Lifetime Member
Feb 20, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Many mechanics are far from expert engine builders. Many are not extremely fussy about things being absolutely clean, or don't have a completely clean environment to build an engine.

I absolutely agree but that's where doing your homework on the shop/dealership/mechanic comes in. That's the beauty part of a manufacturers warranty, you can take it to any authorized shop.....you aren't stuck with the one you bought it at!

Reactions: nbomar
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
They didn't tie into sales for Polaris and Can-Am for years. "Oh it's pretty and fast " Honda customers expect a little more though.

I wouldn't expect someone who uses an iPhone to understand the complexities and hardships of large scale business.

Bet you drive a Ford too

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZhunter and nbomar
txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else get a survey and dollar bill mailed to them by Honda? I took their dollar and filled out the 3 page survey and included the heat issue and asked what Honda R&D was doing to address the growing concern over the clutches. I assume they sent it to me because I called there customer support number to complain about the heat (even tho I pretty much fixed it with a fan) a few weeks ago - figured if they are sending out some sort of fix I wanted to be on the list..

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone else get a survey and dollar bill mailed to them by Honda? I took their dollar and filled out the 3 page survey and included the heat issue and asked what Honda R&D was doing to address the growing concern over the clutches. I assume they sent it to me because I called there customer support number to complain about the heat (even tho I pretty much fixed it with a fan) a few weeks ago - figured if they are sending out some sort of fix I wanted to be on the list..
I got one a long time ago. I don't remember what I put on it. It seemed mostly a survey about the dealer.

advertisement