P1000 HVAC

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Any word on possibility of a factory cab and HVAC option? I'd sure like to have one and like it to be a HONDA. Finding myself looking at other brands when I know better. I wish Honda wasn't always years late to the game.

Seems like I remember reading about a patent they had acquired for a cooled cup holder or something like that, that would suggest the possibility of HVAC.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

This is the base model. Dry Weight 2,366 lb They have 30 different models.​

2025 RANGER CREW XP 1000 NorthStar Edition Premium​

Starting at $31,999 US MSRP Plus Destination Charge of $1,595*

Honda should be able to beat this price by at least $500 and hopefully they will have a new model.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any word on possibility of a factory cab and HVAC option?
Yeah a jeep or Bronco lol
To be clear It’s not an HVAC. It would be a separate heater and separate AC. An HVAC would be a package unit like a commercial roof top. Its Kinda like saying “Hot Water Heater” ughh if you already had hot water, why would you need a Hot water heater? Its a Water Heater 🤯 🤦🏻‍♂️ sorry, HVAC techs pet peeve here lol.

But Seriously, I still dont know why people want that in a sxs for the life of me. We/you bought one to enjoy the outdoors right🤷🏻‍♂️ Im sure maybe for some health reasons but dam!

Heres a real world example, Rode with a group in july, one of the fellas had a really nice new Canned Ham commander 1000 with AC so its not a conventional “Automotive” AC. It would have worse drag than the way they are set up now like on the commander and CH’s are belt drivin and high RPM’s and thats good for an AC condensor. Did it cool? Yes quite well. Did it rob HP to make it run? You bet! So bad that he shut it off 1/2 the time just to have decent power cuz it couldnt get out of its own way. He Said it is “decent” when your running flat on a dirt or paved road, but you aint stepping on it to get someplace or out of the way quickly, had power like a riding lawn mower😂. So take that for what its worth.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
To be clear It’s not an HVAC. It would be a separate heater and separate AC. An HVAC would be a package unit like a commercial roof top. Its Kinda like saying “Hot Water Heater” ughh if you already had hot water, why would you need a Hot water heater? Its a Water Heater 🤯 🤦🏻‍♂️ sorry, HVAC techs pet peeve here lol.

But Seriously, I still dont know why people want that in a sxs for the life of me. We/you bought one to enjoy the outdoors right🤷🏻‍♂️ Im sure maybe for some health reasons but dam!

Heres a real world example, Rode with a group in july, one of the fellas had a really nice new Canned Ham commander 1000 with AC so its not a conventional “Automotive” AC. It would have worse drag than the way they are set up now like on the commander and CH’s are belt drivin and high RPM’s and thats good for an AC condensor. Did it cool? Yes quite well. Did it rob HP to make it run? You bet! So bad that he shut it off 1/2 the time just to have decent power cuz it couldnt get out of its own way. He Said it is “decent” when your running flat on a dirt or paved road, but you aint stepping on it to get someplace or out of the way quickly, had power like a riding lawn mower😂. So take that for what its worth.
I guess I see the allure of it to some degree (ranchers in Montana winters?) but like you, being walled off from the outside world kinda defeats the purpose for me.

A lot of us started on quads or dirt bikes. It was the open and cheap alternative to jeeps or the like. I still kinda like that open feel...but it seems like some people see videos and whatnot about the fun, outdoorsy life of UTVs and wanna participate, but don't want to get dirty, so to speak.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Honda knows how to have a good A/C, and it opens up the 100-degree riding. We occasionally get caught in a rainstorm too so a good sealed cab will help with the rain rides.
We get cought up in rainstorms all the time up here. Always been part of riding, you just deal with it no safety net.

Reactions: Rayger143
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So it's a cold water heater ... 🤪
😂🤣 an apprentice of mine sent me this
Screenshot 2023 02 22 at 91520 PM

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Yeah, I guess there is different degrees to it. I love the open feel too. I do like to close my windshield when it gets cool, rains, etc. I also like to put on my half doors in the winter when I ride in cool temps. Makes my machine much more versatile and enjoyable.

My buddy has a Defender Limited. The windshield opens all the way. Windows roll down. Allows you to be 'in the elements'. If it snows 8 inches in December and the temp gets under 10 degrees, he can roll up the windows, close the sealed windshield, and crank up the heat and enjoy his investment all day long.

I bet some of you fellers that are hardcore 'in touch' with the elements are riding around with roofs and windshields. :p

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
LOL, I've called in a 'Hot Water Heater' my whole life and never really thought about it. That name don't make much sense, does it? That's a goodun'!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I guess there is different degrees to it. I love the open feel too. I do like to close my windshield when it gets cool, rains, etc. I also like to put on my half doors in the winter when I ride in cool temps. Makes my machine much more versatile and enjoyable.

My buddy has a Defender Limited. The windshield opens all the way. Windows roll down. Allows you to be 'in the elements'. If it snows 8 inches in December and the temp gets under 10 degrees, he can roll up the windows, close the sealed windshield, and crank up the heat and enjoy his investment all day long.

I bet some of you fellers that are hardcore 'in touch' with the elements are riding around with roofs and windshields. :p
I run a soft top. Run a 1/2 shield in the winter. I don't like running either, but I don't like skin cancer and snot sickles either.
Like I said, I understand it for certain people in certain locations. I'm in AZ where it's relatively warm, so it's easy for me to be hardcore.

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I run a soft top. Run a 1/2 shield in the winter. I don't like running either, but I don't like skin cancer and snot sickles either.
Like I said, I understand it for certain people in certain locations. I'm in AZ where it's relatively warm, so it's easy for me to be hardcore.

Makes sense. I’m in Kentucky where if you don’t like the current weather, you can just wait around a couple hours and it’ll be something different.

Our yearly temps regularly range from zero with snow and ice, to 100 and full humidity. Being able to change up cab configuration makes the buggy a four season machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
A factory sealed cab and factory heater would be nice for us. A/C is not a big deal, though I could see when it may be nice.

I guess for now, maybe I'll add a heater. My wife likes to ride in the winter, especially if we get a snow. She's the type that freezes on the boat in the summer and runs the heated seat in July, so gotta keep her warm to enjoy it.

I have a 1000-3 LE. Have the Honda hard roof, SATV windshield, Honda soft rear panel, and Honda soft doors. It stays pretty warm for me. She'd like a little extra when it gets below freezing.

I have the second battery under the hood, and storage under the driver seat. I wouldn't want to take up any floor space or space under the dash.

I guess my best option would be to get rid of the under seat storage and try the heater that sits there? I'll have to research.

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
While it is not something that would be a priority for myself, I can absolutely see why someone would want that. I absolutely love the outdoors, one of my biggest joys in life; However, there are days.... I want to enjoy the scenery and POI's, but not the heat or cold, the rain or snow, or the damn bugs! Sometimes you just want the comforts in life... AND to enjoy the outdoors.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I’m in Kentucky where if you don’t like the current weather, you can just wait around a couple hours and it’ll be something different.
Sounds like Michigan. But we get a dumping of 8” of snow at a pop and below freezing temps all winter long. We bundle up and ride snowmobiles in those temps. Gets 90’s and humid also. Although when I use to spend alot of my summers in South Eastern KY with my cousins, I think its 10 times hotter than here and for longer. Went down for Xmas once and they got 3” of snow and shut everything down! Lol thats nothin for us. We just motored on through.

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement