Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Jackal wrote:
<If my observations are less valid than everyone else's I suppose I will stay silent,>

AhhhhHa! The un-named, un-shamed alleged scolder has identified himself.;) Please do not remain silent. :D
LOL anytime a person responds conversely of the posts of the mob mentality, inherent narcissism takes over and "He's talking about me! damn him" and then it goes all Star Trek "Shields up Scottie! We are under attack!" But in truth was only speaking in generalities not referring to any one person of group of persons. It happens every time my "Passive Aggressive" ass gets into the discussion, and I sit and laugh about it every time.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL anytime a person responds conversely of the posts of the mob mentality, inherent narcissism takes over and "He's talking about me! damn him" and then it goes all Star Trek "Shields up Scottie! We are under attack!" But in truth was only speaking in generalities not referring to any one person of group of persons. It happens every time my "Passive Aggressive" ass gets into the discussion, and I sit and laugh about it every time.
Passive Aggressive

Reactions: Stauvo
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope, still don't have mine yet. But after all the clutch talk about "don't hold it in place with the throttle" and "stay in manual 2nd but going at least 3mph" I am very curious how people have been "creepin". My use will be on a wild horse ranch and I don't like to go charging into them. I would like to know if anybody here uses non-technical slow speed, under load or otherwise.

I was porking around all weekend on a ranger 800 crew dreaming about my Pioneer. Then I get home and read about everyone's possibly "random" issues. If the Pioneer can't creep, I'm going to have to think about something else.

Also, please feel free to tell me I have nothing to worry about.
It won't stay in Manual second. If you don't down shift it it will do it automatic. Computer won't let you load up he engine/clutch in Manual if also will not let you up shift to early

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
@Itsalljake I made a video on my iPad but don't know how put them on here....but it was as slow and smooth as you would want it. Could creep at 2mph no prob in Hi...

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
@Itsalljake I made a video on my iPad but don't know how put them on here....but it was as slow and smooth as you would want it. Could creep at 2mph no prob in Hi...
You can do it Homey. Right next to "Post Reply" is "Upload a File". I have faith in you, and thanks for taking the time.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
You can do it Homey. Right next to "Post Reply" is "Upload a File". I have faith in you, and thanks for taking the time.

Yeah it won't upload the video. Must be to long. If want to PM me your email I can send it to you that way.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
3mph is about the slowest I can creep in low range and about 4mph in high range , not that much difference, this is with stock tires, also I have no slipping issues with my clutch(Knock on Wood) 240 miles

Reactions: Itsalljake
Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like Honda could lower the engagement threshold on the clutches and give us a lower gear ratio in reverse and we could all spend our time discussing the beauty of a cold beer in the woods on a hot summers day instead of trying to develop an online graduate degree in how not to screw these things up.

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems like Honda could lower the engagement threshold on the clutches and give us a lower gear ratio in reverse and we could all spend our time discussing the beauty of a cold beer in the woods on a hot summers day instead of trying to develop an online graduate degree in how not to screw these things up.
Yes, when I am backing out of my garage i feel like I'm in second gear. I do my best not to slip it but when you are squeaking past kids bikes and door frames it would be nice if low reverse could be selected for that one reason alone.

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. I'm really not trying to get a hole shot just because I want to back up. Lol.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I would buy the 700 for extreme rock crawling creeping along at 1/2 mph and the 1000 for driving above 3 mph. I have both and the 700 with the torque converter is amazing. If buying only one then the 4 seat 700 is a great choice. The non wet clutch belt drives like Polaris and Can-Am will grip the belt at 1/2 mph but they do have their issues especially Polaris. I never have a problem with the cows at 4 to 5 mph.