P1000 How many trouble free miles you got?

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost 3500 on the 2016 P1K. No issues at all, been a great rig and suites our needs perfect...

I DO WISH it rode just a bit better in the rough and fast hoop-de-doo's. Fast cornering sucks, feels like it's gonn'a roll.

For utility work and hauling grand-kids, it's amazing.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1800 miles in 2 years.

2 winch ropes
2 bent a-arms (upper bent down from shock load, lower bent up from rock load) No problems since fox shock install
3 torn CV boots
2 sets of brake pads
1 oil pan and 2 bent frame crossmembers
2 rear pinion seals under warranty
1 broken net mount on the rear nets
1 broken hook on the rear seat
3 trail rides with minor over heat issues but after running it nose up to bleed the system for 30 minutes, I haven't had an issue since

Overall pretty much indestructible. I haven't owned a machine this reliable before, it's fun to work on for modifications and it's great to trail ride with family.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1800 miles in 2 years.

2 winch ropes
2 bent a-arms (upper bent down from shock load, lower bent up from rock load) No problems since fox shock install
3 torn CV boots
2 sets of brake pads
1 oil pan and 2 bent frame crossmembers
2 rear pinion seals under warranty
1 broken net mount on the rear nets
1 broken hook on the rear seat
3 trail rides with minor over heat issues but after running it nose up to bleed the system for 30 minutes, I haven't had an issue since

Overall pretty much indestructible. I haven't owned a machine this reliable before, it's fun to work on for modifications and it's great to trail ride with family.
Sounds like you have put it to the test I'm at 2800 miles still running the factory brakes lol

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sounds like you have put it to the test I'm at 2800 miles still running the factory brakes lol

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Anytime I’ve ever looked at brakes they were always good. That’s why I like the engine braking on the 1000 so much, our Polaris has bigger brakes and much less weight and it chewed through them. Rotors too, it got expensive

Last edited:
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 1K5D purchased may of 2017

2800 miles All updates completed just because.
Only issue was an intermittent check engine light found to be a faulty o2 sensor that was repaired at the same time as comfort kit installation.

This machine has exceded all of our expections.

It may not be the best at any one thing, but I feel it is THE BEST in one package to do it all.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

D

dotman1

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 24, 2016
Tx Gulf Coast
2016 EPS, 6246 trouble free miles. Cab comfort is the only update. The dealer would not do the up date if the clutch was not bad. That was quite a while ago. I’m about to try again with the recalls. Seat was replaced under the warranty. This beast does everything I ask it to do.

advertisement
SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have 671 miles (showing) on my 2018 1000-5 LE that was bought in the middle of August. One quarter of the miles are actual and the rest are on 4" Portals, so, 30% gear reduction. Now, I have no idea how many actual miles as I found out last week, at another dealer after asking how my miles could go down after a service when I was buying another (1000-3) Honda last week, they said: my dashboard was changed the day after I bought it from my other dealer. When I showed them a video of my odometer before and after, the original dealer gave in and supposedly did the first 100 mile service: oil, valve backlash and transmission oil change. I got the machine back and it had 50 miles less than when I bought it! I know they didn't do the first service completely and the second dealer told me what they did to change the miles? They changed out the dash, this was the day after I bought it. The people (multiple people that had previously worked for the other dealer) in the service department, told me they just changed the dash odometer, they had personally been ordered to do so in the past, and it was regular procedure when a complaint came in. I'm holding my allegations for now, and I'm really pissed. No names now but, if I can prove this, I'm going to complain to Honda.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have 671 miles (showing) on my 2018 1000-5 LE that was bought in the middle of August. One quarter of the miles are actual and the rest are on 4" Portals, so, 30% gear reduction. Now, I have no idea how many actual miles as I found out last week, at another dealer after asking how my miles could go down after a service when I was buying another (1000-3) Honda last week, they said: my dashboard was changed the day after I bought it from my other dealer. When I showed them a video of my odometer before and after, the original dealer gave in and supposedly did the first 100 mile service: oil, valve backlash and transmission oil change. I got the machine back and it had 50 miles less than when I bought it! I know they didn't do the first service completely and the second dealer told me what they did to change the miles? They changed out the dash, this was the day after I bought it. The people (multipole people that had previously worked for the other dealer) in the service department, told me they just changed the dash odometer, they had personally been ordered to do so in the past, and it was regular procedure when a complaint came in. I'm holding my allegations for now, and I'm really pissed. No names now but, if I can prove this, I'm going to complain to Honda.

Oh and the original dealer told me I didn't know how to read the odometer and I was wrong. Unfortunately, I traded in a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 for the new LE....I know how to scroll through the readings on the dash.

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have 671 miles (showing) on my 2018 1000-5 LE that was bought in the middle of August. One quarter of the miles are actual and the rest are on 4" Portals, so, 30% gear reduction. Now, I have no idea how many actual miles as I found out last week, at another dealer after asking how my miles could go down after a service when I was buying another (1000-3) Honda last week, they said: my dashboard was changed the day after I bought it from my other dealer. When I showed them a video of my odometer before and after, the original dealer gave in and supposedly did the first 100 mile service: oil, valve backlash and transmission oil change. I got the machine back and it had 50 miles less than when I bought it! I know they didn't do the first service completely and the second dealer told me what they did to change the miles? They changed out the dash, this was the day after I bought it. The people (multiple people that had previously worked for the other dealer) in the service department, told me they just changed the dash odometer, they had personally been ordered to do so in the past, and it was regular procedure when a complaint came in. I'm holding my allegations for now, and I'm really pissed. No names now but, if I can prove this, I'm going to complain to Honda.
I'm not understanding your post. You're saying the dealer changed your odometer to read less miles? To me that seems like an advantage for you and a disadvantage for Honda. I think I'm missing something in your explanation. Please elaborate...

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm not understanding your post. You're saying the dealer changed your odometer to read less miles? To me that seems like an advantage for you and a disadvantage for Honda. I think I'm missing something in your explanation. Please elaborate...

In August I traded in a 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS orange for a new 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE. I specifically went here because the dealer said they just got one off the truck. After signing the papers and bringing it home, I was marveling at my new Honda and thought, hey, lets scroll through the odometer and hours since my contract said it had 6 miles. Low and behold, it's had 85 miles and 16 hours on the clock. Yes, I was foolish not doing this before buying it but, you know how you get in the glare of showroom lights... So, I immediately called the dealership and the sales people told me that's wrong, you don't know how to read an odometer. Long story short, they admitted it had high miles and agreed to do the first oil change and dealer service the next day. Seems the LE was there for months and it's miles were from moving it in and out daily....yeah, and I came down with last nights rain...fell for the: just came off the truck yesterday. So I drove the hour long ride back to the dealer in the morning, and they did the service. Next day I went for a 40 mile ride and again, I did not check the mileage on the way out of the dealer; I have this weird streak in me that makes me think people do what they say they are going to do. Anyhow, I had less miles on the odometer (62 mi. and hours too) than I had the day before and I had just completed a 40 mile, all day ride! Again to the phone call to Fast Eddie and again he told me I didn't know how to read an odometer. I dropped it, what was I going to do anyhow? I did save video's of scrolling through before and after though.

Fast forward a couple of months and my son wants to buy a Pioneer. Definitely not going back the the Fast Eddies' dealership and passed it to go up to another dealership in Cocoa Beach. Made the deal the evening before and was basically just signing papers and picking up the new Pioneer making small talk; one thing led to another and we talked about my hours/milage stuff with the other Honda. One of the managers there brought out one of their mechanics and guess what? He used to work at the other dealership and he told me he routinely changed out the dashboard displays on all ATV-UTV's at the other dealership.

Yes, it screws Honda but it also screws the consumer and is just an example of the shady tactics most (I said most, not all!) vehicle dealers pull.

H

HondaTech

At my old dealership we had two 1000-3 EPS with over 6000 miles at last count and nether had any issue save for 1 boot tearing. Both were farm use only and never had a clutch in either of them. Not sure how many miles they have now since I haven't seen those customers in over a year.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In August I traded in a 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 EPS orange for a new 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE. I specifically went here because the dealer said they just got one off the truck. After signing the papers and bringing it home, I was marveling at my new Honda and thought, hey, lets scroll through the odometer and hours since my contract said it had 6 miles. Low and behold, it's had 85 miles and 16 hours on the clock. Yes, I was foolish not doing this before buying it but, you know how you get in the glare of showroom lights... So, I immediately called the dealership and the sales people told me that's wrong, you don't know how to read an odometer. Long story short, they admitted it had high miles and agreed to do the first oil change and dealer service the next day. Seems the LE was there for months and it's miles were from moving it in and out daily....yeah, and I came down with last nights rain...fell for the: just came off the truck yesterday. So I drove the hour long ride back to the dealer in the morning, and they did the service. Next day I went for a 40 mile ride and again, I did not check the mileage on the way out of the dealer; I have this weird streak in me that makes me think people do what they say they are going to do. Anyhow, I had less miles on the odometer (62 mi. and hours too) than I had the day before and I had just completed a 40 mile, all day ride! Again to the phone call to Fast Eddie and again he told me I didn't know how to read an odometer. I dropped it, what was I going to do anyhow? I did save video's of scrolling through before and after though.

Fast forward a couple of months and my son wants to buy a Pioneer. Definitely not going back the the Fast Eddies' dealership and passed it to go up to another dealership in Cocoa Beach. Made the deal the evening before and was basically just signing papers and picking up the new Pioneer making small talk; one thing led to another and we talked about my hours/milage stuff with the other Honda. One of the managers there brought out one of their mechanics and guess what? He used to work at the other dealership and he told me he routinely changed out the dashboard displays on all ATV-UTV's at the other dealership.

Yes, it screws Honda but it also screws the consumer and is just an example of the shady tactics most (I said most, not all!) vehicle dealers pull.
Oh...I totally see your point now. I don't know if UTVs are under the same strict rules as autos but, as we all know, that kind of move (odometer fraud) on a car or pickup would land someone in jail.

O

ODIE

Oct 20, 2018
Mich
Ownership

1. 1000-3
At my old dealership we had two 1000-3 EPS with over 6000 miles at last count and nether had any issue save for 1 boot tearing. Both were farm use only and never had a clutch in either of them. Not sure how many miles they have now since I haven't seen those customers in over a year.
Where them older units, before clutch upgrades? Also Honda tech: cold you read my recent conversation on linkage adjustment for 2018 I am not finding access to my adjustment point under the battery

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
D

DDDonkey

I have 1100ish trouble free miles, the only real issue I have had was caused be me and that was a wire grounding out blowing a fuse, and my front tie rod needs to be changed one day..........=)

H

HondaTech

Where them older units, before clutch upgrades? Also Honda tech: cold you read my recent conversation on linkage adjustment for 2018 I am not finding access to my adjustment point under the battery

The Red one was 1 of the 9 we got in our second round of P1K.

The Orange one was probably the 1st or 2nd Orange one we sold. So they were both very early units.

Corona1

Corona1

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2016
The Land of Cheese
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1800 trouble free miles over 2 full years. No issues. Clutch, cab heat and intake fixes done. Plows snow all winter and trail rides (not babied) spring summer and fall. Excellent all around machine. Where it does come up short can be remedied easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement