P1000 How big is your hole?

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The best I can tell, some of you folks are trying to force something too big into something too small! Being inquisitive, I got the trusty tape measure out to measure what I got. Well, it seems about 5 inches one way and about 6.25 inches the other is the most I could stretch my hole. The Mighty Maxx recommended by others is way too big for my small hole. I had to find a smaller battery which wind up being a lawn mower type battery--BTX14BS. 2018 P1K5D. Not sure how this smaller battery will work.

SuperMidget

SuperMidget

Feb 24, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You could always go the other direction. We had a XS Power D3400 under the driver seat.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You could always go the other direction. We had a XS Power D3400 under the driver seat.

View attachment 238603
I toyed with the idea of putting it under the seat. It probably would have solved unintended problems if I would have gone that way to begin with. If the smaller battery is unsatisfactory, I will go your route. Thanks for pix.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Are you trying to replace the factory battery? That takes an XT-14 sized battery. The PC925 will fit in the hole on the passenger side if you stand it on end.

Reactions: DanDan and JTW
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From the looks of that pic, What is going to stop water from shorting out your battery ?
12 volt DC systems are different from AC, alternating systems in how they short. And, the definition of a short usually means a conductor is involved like a copper wire. Tap water isn't a great conductor as it doesn't contain an abundance of ions.

Water made from reverse osmosis, distilled water and "contaminated", dirty water don't conduct current the same.

The current is so low that the potential between terminals is not zero, this is a leakage current.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I describe my aux battery hole as approx. 6.25 inches side to side, approx 5 inches front to back and 7-8 inches in height/deep. I ordered battery which will arrive Wed----5 7/8 X 3 7/16. Will drop straight in. Talked to dealer who sez they simply put a starter type battery in the hole. If it works, it works! If not, may go under seat. CMB raises a good point about water when placed under seat.

advertisement
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you trying to replace the factory battery? That takes an XT-14 sized battery. The PC925 will fit in the hole on the passenger side if you stand it on end.
I hadn't thought of that. When you say "stand it on end", one of the connectors would be in the bottom of the hole. Right? I'm trying to find the correct battery for my aux/winch.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot of people use this battery. It fits perfect. Its also what I used. Fits tight, and has worked well so far.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. The listed dimensions are 6.57 side to side and 6.89 front to back. Too big. I hadn't thought of sticking one of the connectors to the bottom of the hole and have the other sticking out the top. I'm prolly not saying this correctly.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Maybe I'm looking at this wrong. The listed dimensions are 6.57 side to side and 6.89 front to back. Too big. I hadn't thought of sticking one of the connectors to the bottom of the hole and have the other sticking out the top. I'm prolly not saying this correctly.
IMG_0816[1]

Tip the battery onto its backside. you could drop it that way and have the terminals at the back or spin it 180 degrees and have the terminals on the front like the picture.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
IMG_0816[1]

Tip the battery onto its backside. you could drop it that way and have the terminals at the back or spin it 180 degrees and have the terminals on the front like the picture.
Yep it's taken a while for me to realize you can mount these batteries upside down, old school I am!

Reactions: Mudwing and DanDan
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone. I'm really not that hard headed! If the ordered smaller battery fizzles out, I'll go with the larger Odyssey or Mighty Maxx.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement