U

Ugly

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a question regarding compatibility. I think both a particle separator and spare tire are important to have on my 2021 TalonX. I like to looks of the Tusk Spare Tire carrier. I also want to mount a S&B Particle Separator to help keep dust out of my engine. When I look at the positioning of the S&B Particle Separator near the roof (maybe behind the seat) and the Tusk Spare Tire Mount, it looks like they are not compatible - i.,e not enough room for both. Has anyone else figure out this configuration? Does anyone else have suggestions on how to make these both work together? I am stumped on this one.

Thanks in advance.

L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
I have my particle separator attached to my rear window. Barely fits with the spare tire carrier. Ba2cefffa2d565aac6c2cf12220ec094

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

U

Ugly

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks so much. Is that a Tusk spare tire carrier?

L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
Yes, it is the Tusk carrier on a X4.

Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
i hated the S&B mounted right there. to much intake noise right by my ears. i moved mine to just above the roof line. much better.

Reactions: Montecresto
L

Lloyd_Green

May 21, 2020
US
Originally it was between the rear seats, and yes it was way too noisy. Part of the reason I put the rear window in was to help with the intake noise. I would have put the separator over the roofline but mine barely fits in my trailer as is.

U

Ugly

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks so much. Is that a Tusk spare tire carrier?
Thanks again for your help. As I try out the configuration, I will post more information. This is a tough problem.