P1000 Honda pioneer 1000 WINCH MOUNT KIT

H

HogHunter

Dec 25, 2015
After getting the kit. I downloaded the instructions and page 10 was not in the instructions. This page shows how to tie into the fan plug. After spending time on the phone with warn they found the page that shows the wire harness, and how it plugs inline to the fan. The 2 plugs on the winch wire harness did not match the plugs on the fan. The tech at warn told me plug the male and female that would normally go inline with the fan and plug them into each other, then tap into the white wire with a silver stripe. the green wire is a ground. I wired into the white wire and ran it to the accessory fuse on the fuse box so the winch controller gets power when the key is on.
The instructions has you pulling the front end plastic and dash NOT lol all the wires are color coded blue and yellow go to blue and yellow on the winch. black to ground red goes to the starter solenoid next to the battery.
the 3 small wires go to the same color code on the controller. Here are pics of what I did.

20160105 162314 20160105 170418 20160105 165831 20151226 142715

Last edited:
Reactions: MrEVO83
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After getting the kit. I downloaded the instructions and page 10 was not in the instructions. This page shows how to tie into the fan plug. After spending time on the phone with warn they found the page that shows the wire harness, and how it plugs inline to the fan. The 2 plugs on the winch wire harness did not match the plugs on the fan. The tech at warn told me plug the male and female that would normally go inline with the fan and plug them into each other, then tap into the white wire with a silver stripe. the green wire is a ground. I wired into the white wire and ran it to the accessory fuse on the fuse box so the winch controller gets power when the key is on.
The instructions has you pulling the front end plastic and dash NOT lol all the wires are color coded blue and yellow go to blue and yellow on the winch. black to ground red goes to the starter solenoid next to the battery.
the 3 small wires go to the same color code on the controller. Here are pics of what I did.

View attachment 8694 View attachment 8695 View attachment 8696 View attachment 8697
The 12v accessory socket that is in the dash is where you plug in to get control power to the 2-pin connectors on the winch remote receptacle harness. you plug one of them into the back of the accessory socket, and then you plug the other one into the plug that you removed from the accessory socket. In other words, they don't go inline with the fan, they go inline with the 12v accessory socket, supposedly (I have not confirmed this).
I currently have mine the same way you do, as my winch kit from Honda came with NO instructions and I had to figure it all out on my own. I have since gotten the instructions and it shows what I described above. I plan to redo mine as soon as I get over this pinched nerve!:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: pct and Stauvo
H

HogHunter

Dec 25, 2015
The 12v accessory socket that is in the dash is where you plug in to get control power to the 2-pin connectors on the winch remote receptacle harness. you plug one of them into the back of the accessory socket, and then you plug the other one into the plug that you removed from the accessory socket. In other words, they don't go inline with the fan, they go inline with the 12v accessory socket, supposedly (I have not confirmed this).
I currently have mine the same way you do, as my winch kit from Honda came with NO instructions and I had to figure it all out on my own. I have since gotten the instructions and it shows what I described above. I plan to redo mine as soon as I get over this pinched nerve!:mad:
That makes since warn said there instruction said fan. I thought why would you pull power from the fan. Why the hell cant Honda put instructions in the box. I found the same problem with every thing I have bought from them. On the 13th I will be with Denny Ray from America Honda and some executives from Honda doing some video and testing with the 1000 and I plan on telling them what the hell is Honda thinking by not putting instructions in the parts. I have wasted so much time trying to find instructions down loading them on the internet and you never know what model you got instructions for. Thanks for the update good work.

Reactions: pct
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That makes since warn said there instruction said fan. I thought why would you pull power from the fan. Why the hell cant Honda put instructions in the box. I found the same problem with every thing I have bought from them. On the 13th I will be with Denny Ray from America Honda and some executives from Honda doing some video and testing with the 1000 and I plan on telling them what the hell is Honda thinking by not putting instructions in the parts. I have wasted so much time trying to find instructions down loading them on the internet and you never know what model you got instructions for. Thanks for the update good work.
I feel your frustration and have a little more to share about instructions... here in Chattanooga we are blessed with 2 Honda ATV dealers on opposite sides of town. I bought my winch and Honda mounting kit from the dealer nearest my house, which is also the dealer where I bought my P1000. I mounted it myself because I needed it for a ride that weekend, and he couldn't get to it for another week. Today I ventured out to the other side of town and stopped by the other dealer to see if they had the brushguard. They did not. But upon hearing about my frustration with the winch mounting, he immediately logged onto his computer and printed out the mounting instructions!! At that moment it occurred to me that my dealer where I bought my $17k machine didn't even have the decency to print me the damn instructions to go with the ~$900 worth of parts that I'd just purchased from him... needless to say I'm a little butthurt!:mad:

Reactions: JTW, pct and Stauvo
jcasads

jcasads

Dec 26, 2015
Alaska
Good info...
I'm still waiting on my winch mount kit but all this good info will defenitly make the install much easier...
Thanks for sharing

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
In each parts box is a link to the Honda parts page and each individual part has a link to download instructions for that part....I know not getting instructions is a pain but I can't blame Honda for cutting down on some cost and waste of paper when most go to the Internet anymore anyway. I have found all the instructions on there accessories page for my hard roof, glass windshield, hard back, soft doors, winch and mount. Hope that helps, if find the link I post up here.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In each parts box is a link to the Honda parts page and each individual part has a link to download instructions for that part....I know not getting instructions is a pain but I can't blame Honda for cutting down on some cost and waste of paper when most go to the Internet anymore anyway. I have found all the instructions on there accessories page for my hard roof, glass windshield, hard back, soft doors, winch and mount. Hope that helps, if find the link I post up here.
I followed the link to their page... no instructions to be found for the winch, which frustrated me even more because it said instructions could be found there. I even created an account and tried again... nope.

advertisement
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Yeah that is frustrating....and I just tried to go to the page I was at and it won't open the site even. It's saying something like can't contact the site or whatever...parts are only so good if people can't figure out how to install them!!:confused:

I do have the winch and mount instructions saved to IBooks and can send to anyone if they are having trouble finding them. All 20 or 30 something pages of it.:eek:

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Your right, I couldn't find it either

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah that is frustrating....and I just tried to go to the page I was at and it won't open the site even. It's saying something like can't contact the site or whatever...parts are only so good if people can't figure out how to install them!!:confused:

I do have the winch and mount instructions saved to IBooks and can send to anyone if they are having trouble finding them. All 20 or 30 something pages of it.:eek:
Fortunately those of us on this forum has access to the installation instructions for ALL P1K accessories! See left side bar on the home page.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing in my box from Warn.
the sub harness connects to the back of the accessory you can reach it without taking the whole thing apart just do it by feel

H

HondaTech

P700 ties into fan, P1000 is accessory plug. I always give a copy of the instructions to the customer because Honda's website is unreliable as hell.

Reactions: PioneerPete
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I feel your frustration and have a little more to share about instructions... here in Chattanooga we are blessed with 2 Honda ATV dealers on opposite sides of town. I bought my winch and Honda mounting kit from the dealer nearest my house, which is also the dealer where I bought my P1000. I mounted it myself because I needed it for a ride that weekend, and he couldn't get to it for another week. Today I ventured out to the other side of town and stopped by the other dealer to see if they had the brushguard. They did not. But upon hearing about my frustration with the winch mounting, he immediately logged onto his computer and printed out the mounting instructions!! At that moment it occurred to me that my dealer where I bought my $17k machine didn't even have the decency to print me the damn instructions to go with the ~$900 worth of parts that I'd just purchased from him... needless to say I'm a little butthurt!:mad:
I found the instructions on this forum and just screen shot it with the iPad