Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda has partnered with outside experts on the Turbo and the Live Valve recently instead of doing in house. I like this strategy as instead of having to go through all the learning (at customer expense) bringing new tech outside of their core competencies they bring in experts.

while this may have been around for a while (and i just not noticed) I saw today where they have partnered with REVER who offers something like Polaris ride command app - except expanded for not only side x sides but for Street bikes, Dirt bikes and sxs's. Looks like it is just an App now but could it be incorporated later into SXS's?

Obviously there is a free version with limited functions and then a pro version for a monthly fee that offers additional features.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting. I wouldn't be excited about a monthly subscription personally.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting. I wouldn't be excited about a monthly subscription personally.
Me either but I also dont mind paying for something that works $4 is at least competitive.

Yeah I can see it being a ride command like app I like the idea of the challenges is has on it. But I fear the app is more aimed at motorcycles on first glance. It has potential and if its not being directly managed by honda we may have a chance at it becoming useful within the next decade.
I agree it seems much more suited for Motorcycles but they probably sell more of those. I did see one of the options is seeing where your buddies in the group are while riding and it does have a social aspect to it

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I wonder if there is a way to download offline maps I don’t see that option.

R

rickoshea

it's hard to be interested in these apps because they almost always disregard trails anywhere outside the US.i just use my offline maps from bcmb.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
it's hard to be interested in these apps because they almost always disregard trails anywhere outside the US.i just use my offline maps from bcmb.

Quite a few areas in the US missing too.
For me it’s pretty much Avenza and the ride command app.

hope it improves with the Honda app.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I inquired about this REVER 6 months ago, was told no off road support, or features like Ride Command.

But things can evolve, maybe by the time Pence is done with his 2nd term it will function off road.

Reactions: hondabob