chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant really afford the others but @160 or 190 I could do folks where down on the highlifter for the 700 is the one for the 1000 any better and is the strongmade just 2in

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have yet to see the HL for the P1000 installed. I hope it's better but it may not be after looking at the picture on their website. It looks very similar but it also looks like they added a brace to triangulate the bracket for strength.

Who's brave enough to try it? I'd like to see it.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Strongmade is exactly 2" from Jackal's calculations from before and after. However, I think you should save your money and spend it on forward offset A-Arms if you want to run a decent sized tire and not worry about rubbing at all. I figured I could get away with the 2" and slight rubbing on 30's, but that's not the case, even under light trail conditions.

Reactions: JACKAL
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Strongmade is exactly 2" from Jackal's calculations from before and after. However, I think you should save your money and spend it on forward offset A-Arms if you want to run a decent sized tire and not worry about rubbing at all. I figured I could get away with the 2" and slight rubbing on 30's, but that's not the case, even under light trail conditions.
Well I was hoping to do it with wide offset rims but that would be nice to have the arms. Wish I had gotten 28 in blackwaters on the stock from dealer then had the mud tires on aftermarket later

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
The lifts seem pointless if you want to run any bigger tires. I think most guys would be happy with 30inch tires but the lifts aren't enough.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't have he answer to this but I will muddy the waters with more info. The above post mentions that wide offset wheels may help. Well, remember that a wider offset will increase the scrub radius which could possibly I cause more rubbing issues.

I'm not sure, just wanted to throw that out there to give you guys some more info.

Scrub radius will also cause more issues like bump steer.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Ya these bracket lifts wont let you run anything bigger than 29-30(depending on 30). All they will do is give you more ground clearance. You will need a 2in forward a-arm to clear anything bigger.

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Ya these bracket lifts wont let you run anything bigger than 29-30(depending on 30). All they will do is give you more ground clearance. You will need a 2in forward a-arm to clear anything bigger.
Wish somebody with bracket lift would buy some 29.5 terminators and try on stock wheels lol.

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Wish somebody with bracket lift would buy some 29.5 terminators and try on stock wheels lol.
I would think they would fit . But it will be really close . Dealer around me is running 30in monster mayhems which run alittle small (around 29in) Terminators are true height so it would be close

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La

This was the one HL lifted back in December. It has 31" outlaws on it - I have several pics of it from my buddy @ HL

advertisement
F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
Anybody know the price on hilifter kit? Am I correct in saying it is 3 inches and the strongmade is 2 inches and they are both a bracket style lift?

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
I believe highlifter is going to have bracket and suspension lift out. The bracket should be out already if not soon . The suspension will be shortly behind that . Is this correct TOLOUD

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I believe highlifter is going to have bracket and suspension lift out. The bracket should be out already if not soon . The suspension will be shortly behind that . Is this correct TOLOUD

Pretty sure Brad
They are going to do forward arched Front arms ( not sure on the rear )
Also the bracket lift.

I have noticed that the HL bracket lift provides a little more GC than our CATVOS lift.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure Brad
Also the bracket lift.

I have noticed that the HL bracket lift provides a little more GC than our CATVOS lift.

I wonder if the HL bracket lift/a-arm combo will be cheaper than the CATVOS setup?

Also seems that the CATVOS arms don't provide 3" of lift, probably closer to 2.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I don't have a confirmed price of the HL set up but i have heard it's gonna be close to 1k for arms and bracket lift.
My P5 went from a little over 12" of GC to almost 17" from the CATVOS lift and 30" intimidators

F

Fullthrottle

Oct 5, 2015
I don't have a confirmed price of the HL set up but i have heard it's gonna be close to 1k for arms and bracket lift.
My P5 went from a little over 12" of GC to almost 17" from the CATVOS lift and 30" intimidators
You getting some seat time in your Honda? Any issues so far with turning your 30s.You get her stuck yet.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Not as much as I would like - but I've got close to 50 miles on mine. Most of those have been around my yard hauling my boys around. You definitely know the tires are much larger and way heavier than stock , but I just cruise around in high range in my yard. If I'm going up anything close to a hill or ditch I put her in Low manual and easy on. She goes threw the mud pretty good IMO

A

aquatic1998

Dec 23, 2015
Pretty sure Brad
Also the bracket lift.

I'm ok with being alittle lower. lol Catvos makes pretty good stuff , so I'm glad I went with them. I think we are going to have bigger issues than ground clearance down the rode with the clutch problems I've seen pooping up. Hopefully they come out with something soon for us guys that like to run bigger tires .

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Yeah same here ! I've never had too good of luck out of bracket lifts on bikes. They tend to overextend when flexing and pop axles.... That's a issue I don't want ! Satv should have the portals out pretty soon for these units and that is gonna be a game changer for sure. If I can survive this dead oilfield around here I will most likely have a set of portals in the future.

advertisement