P1000m5 Highlifter A-Arm Install Question

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am finally getting to the Highlifter A-arm install on the Pioneer 1000. It was going along pretty smoothly until I test fit the lower arm with grease zerks installed. Anybody else notice that the zerks don't clear the support bracket above? Just curious what others are doing about it, or if others have seen the same issue. Guess I could cap the holes and just not have grease zerks, but that is not ideal. Attached pictures explain what I am seeing.

IMG 2753 IMG 2754 IMG 2755

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Maybe a dump question but could you have your A arms on the wrong side? Will they swap sides and still fit putting the grease fitting on the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was thinking the same thing. Or upside down, flip it over?

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe a dump question but could you have your A arms on the wrong side? Will they swap sides and still fit putting the grease fitting on the bottom?

I looked into that, but each arm is arched, and designed to sweep forward. If you switch sides they would sweep backwards. The interference is only on the lower arms forward most zerks. I hope you can see the issue with flipping the arched a-arms upside down.

I called HL today, and they mentioned another customer had the same issue. They mentioned they might have a smaller grease fitting that would clear the support. Will find out more tomorrow. If I flex the front end hard, I know it would either break off, or bend the bracket above it.

Reactions: Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
You could put a plug in the hole and drill & tap the bottom for the grease fittings but they should pay you whatever it cost you. They just drilled and tapped the wrong side. They already know that.

Reactions: JTW
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I got A arms from them years ago for the Polaris RZR 800s and had to remove the ball joints and reverse them.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got A arms from them years ago for the Polaris RZR 800s and had to remove the ball joints and reverse them.

Just makes a guy wonder how they can send products out the door like that. I know its a small thing, just frustrating that you have to spend your time to get it right. I'll try SuperATV products next time.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Called Highlifter about the A-Arms. Apparently I bought an early set (June 2016), and the problem has since been fixed. For these earlier arms they are sending out smaller grease zerks that don't contact the support brackets above.

I went down to the local hardware store and found these 1/4" zerks for $3, and they worked fine.

IMG 2782

Reactions: Eltobgi
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am finally getting to the Highlifter A-arm install on the Pioneer 1000. It was going along pretty smoothly until I test fit the lower arm with grease zerks installed. Anybody else notice that the zerks don't clear the support bracket above? Just curious what others are doing about it, or if others have seen the same issue. Guess I could cap the holes and just not have grease zerks, but that is not ideal. Attached pictures explain what I am seeing.

View attachment 25435 View attachment 25436 View attachment 25437

I'd like to see a picture of your pioneer once you get the arms installed. You adding the lift bracket?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Can you get a grease gun on the straight ones? I would want them to send me the new updated A arms

advertisement
AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like to see a picture of your pioneer once you get the arms installed. You adding the lift bracket?

Will do. Just waiting on the 30" EVO's to get mounted tomorrow. I have the bracket lift installed, so it should clear the 30's without rubbing now. Still need to order the front WE shocks, but need to see another paycheck first. I'll get some pictures tomorrow after its all done.

Still need to modify the Trail Armor A-arm Guards to fit the arched A-arms. Unless someone comes out with some for arched arms before I get around to it.

AKTMW

AKTMW

Oct 25, 2015
Anchorage
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can you get a grease gun on the straight ones? I would want them to send me the new updated A arms

Yes, I can still get the grease gun on the straight fittings. It was just an issue when the front end was under compression. Might need to jack the machine up slightly to get better access, but that's not a huge deal to me.

I was surprised with the response I got from HL though. "Yeah, we knew about that issue on the early A-arms, we will send you new fittings". Instead of them offering up some type of coupon for the issues/troubles, they send me 4 fittings that should have come in the original kit. Just glad this was the only issue.