P1000 Here’s my new Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was told by an ole 4 x 4 guy to mount light bars head light level for the best light. Went ridding with some guy from not around here, he had his mounted on the roof, first stop. he finished ripping it off by hand and threw it in the bed.
Yea I know most everyone on here says not to put it on the roof. The night I brought home my 1000 we took it out back for a drive and the light bar was useless driving through the fields where the grass was taller than the lights. I had the one on my 700 mounted on the bottom of the windshield and liked that location better than on the bumper. The downside to that was it blocked my vision some directly in front of the machine. I'm going to get a bigger one and trying to decide between putting it on the bottom of windshield or on the roof. I'm leaning toward on the bottom of the windshield.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have mine about 2.5 to 3" below the roofline. The bottom of the light is about even with the lower lip of the roof. The goal was to not have it blocking view out the windshield. If one is planning on bashing into branches, this isn't a good location for the light, or probably the roof either, for that matter! But I'm in Nevada, it's more likely to get hit at the bottom of the windshield as where it is. This is a Nilight 54". Claimed 312 watt - it ain't. (It seems common for sellers to inflate the wattage. Interesting, as wattage is a measure of volts X amps - and is only indirectly related to LED light output, normally measured in lumens. Lumens per watt is about efficiency. ) I measured actual power use at 220 watts, 16.5 amp current draw from a 13.3 volt source. Still, this light is very bright and has a wide pattern with flood lights at each end and spot beam through the middle section. Impressive. For $136 bucks, not a bad deal I think.

Nilight LED bar

20211017 113101

Last edited:
C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Man it's so good to see buyers going back to the Deluxe! The Deluxe has real 4 WD lock, the axels are bigger than the other P1's. I've got friends with the other P1,s, there either winching or stacking rocks where my Deluxe just went. I find it hard to believe Honda didn't put the Deluxe transmission in the Talon??????
I have not studied the mechanical differences; however, I don’t really like the idea of all automatic I 4 wheel and I wonder about how it will hold up. I like the idea of being in control of the gears - but it’s probably a good system???? (To bad there are no vehicles available for test drive to check out before you decide)

C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
I was told by an ole 4 x 4 guy to mount light bars head light level for the best light. Went ridding with some guy from not around here, he had his mounted on the roof, first stop. he finished ripping it off by hand and threw it in the bed.
Why did he rip it off? Did he hit a limb?
I like the extra light it gives - just need to aim the bit up a little bit to put the light further down the road.
Also, the dealer mounted it on the plastic roof and I think the roll bar mounts may be more stable?
The rear pods are great as well gives plenty of light to back up as well as loading unloading.

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
C

Clew In

Oct 9, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
I have mine about 2.5 to 3" below the roofline. The bottom of the light is about even with the lower lip of the roof. The goal was to not have it blocking view out the windshield. If one is planning on bashing into branches, this isn't a good location for the light, or probably the roof either, for that matter! But I'm in Nevada, it's more likely to get hit at the bottom of the windshield as where it is. This is a Nilight 54". Claimed 312 watt - it ain't. (It seems common for sellers to inflate the wattage. Interesting, as wattage is a measure of volts X amps - and is only indirectly related to LED light output, normally measured in lumens. Lumens per watt is about efficiency. ) I measured actual power use at 220 watts, 16.5 amp current draw from a 13.3 volt source. Still, this light is very bright and has a wide pattern with flood lights at each end and spot beam through the middle section. Impressive. For $136 bucks, not a bad deal I think.

Nilight LED bar

View attachment 308651
I like the mounts you used and mounted to roll bar.
The light being on top is definitely the best place the cast the beam and make most efficient use of light. However, I can see brush and limbs being a problem. Maybe I will make a roll bar mounted light cage to Mount the light it in for protection - ha ha….

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not studied the mechanical differences; however, I don’t really like the idea of all automatic I 4 wheel and I wonder about how it will hold up. I like the idea of being in control of the gears - but it’s probably a good system???? (To bad there are no vehicles available for test drive to check out before you decide)
I can't comment on longevity, but my understanding is the technology for i4WD comes from their automotive division, so it should oughta be good. i4wd does some nice things, helping to pull the front end around corners instead of the plowing tendency of a locked front dif. So the regular 4WD might go unlocked in those situations, where the i4WD had little to no negative impact on steering and handling while engaged. There seems to be no downside in leaving i4WD engaged in terms of handling. I haven't driven mine all that much yet, (just now doing the first service) but so far I like the way i4WD just fine.