P1000 HELP ...... wiring LED lights, etc.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@JamesM
If you are using cheap china built switches, you did the right thing with relays.
If you are using name brand switches, carling tech for example, you could comfortably run 15a thru without an issue or second thought.

J

JamesM

Oct 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Mictuning switches and gotta be from China considering what I paid for them on Amazon. Putting them in can't hurt.

I put 7.5 fuses on all my new accessories only because they were the lowest I could get.

Just realizing if my light bar is 180w which is therefore 15amp the 7.5 fuse should burn out. Hasn't yet but I haven't had the light bar on for more than a few mins.

Reactions: BWAF and Neohio
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mictuning switches and gotta be from China considering what I paid for them on Amazon. Putting them in can't hurt.

I put 7.5 fuses on all my new accessories only because they were the lowest I could get.

Just realizing if my light bar is 180w which is therefore 15amp the 7.5 fuse should burn out. Hasn't yet but I haven't had the light bar on for more than a few mins.
Mictuning is china without a doubt.
Look into otrattw.com in the future, for a few $ more, you get a quality switch, with way too many options for lighting and actuator designs.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey @chadbo , I am not sure what you are looking for, but this is mine...
Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop
Yeah I ordered one with only 3 pos somehow and I didn’t want to get something else wrong

2293B1A4 771D 4E95 9C68 051306B70F57

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This is in my cart now...
o_OSoooo... you decided against getting anything?:confused:

So the switch you posted a pic of is either/or/both?

You can choose battery 1 to supply power to every stuff, battery 2 to supply power to every ting, or both batteries combine to provide power to everything. It does not provide an auxiliary option to isolate add-Ons from primary electrical.

Reactions: BWAF
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
o_OSoooo... you decided against getting anything?:confused:

So the switch you posted a pic of is either/or/both?

You can choose battery 1 to supply power to every stuff, battery 2 to supply power to every ting, or both batteries combine to provide power to everything. It does not provide an auxiliary option to isolate add-Ons from primary electrical.
So that’s not the same as the one you showed? That’s why I’m asking

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So that’s not the same as the one you showed? That’s why I’m asking
That’s correct! Mine is on/off/combine!

The way I have mine I combine batteries to support heavy electrical draws-mostly winching out of deep mud, lol. But all my accessories only run off my auxiliary battery. The exception to this is when manually switched to combine.

The link I posted will include part numbers but I recommend buying it as a kit Blue Seas 120a add-a-battery kit. Expensive, but worth every cent;)

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The way I have mine I combine batteries to support heavy electrical draws-mostly winching out of deep mud, lol. But all my accessories only run off my auxiliary battery. The exception to this is when manually switched to combine.

The link I posted will include part numbers but I recommend buying it as a kit Blue Seas 120a add-a-battery kit. Expensive, but worth every cent;)
Already bought the charging relay from amazon through the link you posted awhile back.... the set together looks cheap as to where I’m at now lol...

61E2D763 B173 4CE2 83D1 52B6D6C8FF44

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So this one, and I still don’t understand but you leave it off most times until a heavy winch pull, but both batteries charge while bike is running?

E4F3496B 912A 4FE7 A63A 1DB432BCDDA9

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So this one, and I still don’t understand but you leave it off most times until a heavy winch pull, but both batteries charge while bike is running?

View attachment 66660
No, it always stays in the on position. If I’m working on electrical I can s*** it off and disconnect both batteries simultaneously. Yes both batteries charge while the vehicle is running via the ACR (automatic charging relay) included in the kit. I can honestly say I very seldom use the switch to combine batteries to give that extra “power”, but when I do it is very noticeable. I immediately switch it back to the on position from the combine position when not needed. The switch simply adds the combine feature and a quick disconnect for power. The ACR is an more energy efficient alternative to the isolator everyone uses.

Reactions: BWAF
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This video may help your understanding @chadbo...

Reactions: chadbo and BWAF
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Add an isolator like everyone else uses or purchase an ACR from blue seas systems to support charging auxiliary. You will love the switch for combining both batteries but still need to decide on how you want to charge auxiliary battery

advertisement