E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a unit that fits below the battery with a heat control valve and ducts behind and below the battery. Takes space you'd never use otherwise. Here in Nevada in winter it runs you out of the cab. Have to turn down fan or water flow. It gets water from radiator lines, so only rubber hoses are cut to install it. If you are interested I will research what brand. Put it in 3 years ago and just take it for granted now.

Cal

Cal

Apr 15, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a unit that fits below the battery with a heat control valve and ducts behind and below the battery. Takes space you'd never use otherwise. Here in Nevada in winter it runs you out of the cab. Have to turn down fan or water flow. It gets water from radiator lines, so only rubber hoses are cut to install it. If you are interested I will research what brand. Put it in 3 years ago and just take it for granted now.
I am interested in learning more about your heater.

J

john790

Jan 13, 2020
Clinton ohio 44216
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For anyone who cares i installed a jegs heater part # 555-70601.It installs same as the honda under the seat.Ibought the formed hoses at napa $250 installed labor free about 6hrs taking my time.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Santa gave me the best, new heating system I could ever use. It was easy to install (less than a minute), and I'm super impressed. I felt warm and comfy this morning plowing in my P1K5 at 3 degrees.

It's a battery heated vest (no drain to the main or dual battery - regardless of any isolator). Three great points: 1) it kicks off the right amount of selectable heat under my coat - hi, med. or low; 2) it has a nape-of-the-neck heating coil that gently spreads the love up my hood and down my back; and 3) the heat goes with me even if I walk far away from the cab. I can easily add heated pants, gloves and socks, and the batteries can be recharged off my P1K5 USB port.

It's perfect.*

Peace Out,
StewB

* We all have different needs, uses and wants. I like the storage space under the seat and I'm still up in the air about pumping engine heat air into the cab because of carbon monoxide. My next machine add is likely a bilge pump to blow the engine heat out the back; am still pondering a reversible pump to blow hot air into the cab in the winter.

T

The Welder

Nov 22, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I read the comments lol! Everyone has their opinion. I was on a fabricating repair job one time when an old millwright approached me. We starting talking about the job. He told me something I’ve never forgotten: you can’t make it any worse 😉

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
He told me something I’ve never forgotten: you can’t make it any worse 😉
Hold my beer ... 🤣