YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I stopped by Honda of Russellville in Arkansas yesterday to schedule a day to have the cabin comfort and clutch update done. I was told parts are on back order and they had 5 pages of people waiting ahead of me. Told me it would be several months before they would be able to get to my rig.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If anyone has a questions or wonders what the kit involves and whay my thoughts are on it, here is my thread on the install.
Pioneer 1000 Cabin Comfort Upgrade Kit Install

(Shameless plug time...lol)
While your on the Appalachian Mountain Riders section of the forum, make sure to check out some of my other posts and head over to my you tube channel and subcribe!
(K...Shameless plug over.)

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I stopped by Honda of Russellville in Arkansas yesterday to schedule a day to have the cabin comfort and clutch update done. I was told parts are on back order and they had 5 pages of people waiting ahead of me. Told me it would be several months before they would be able to get to my rig.
Hey Yard Dog, how you been? Did you buy it in Russeville. When I first found out about the clutch improvement I talked to Heartland Honda and they told me it would be a couple of months, which was ok because my clutch was working good, after a month and a half, the clutch started getting grabie, called them and told them about the clutch, scheduled appointment for two weeks off, they kept it for five days. The clutch is very smooth now. I bet Russeville sold a ton of them and have a ton of them to fix.

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Yard Dog, how you been? Did you buy it in Russeville. When I first found out about the clutch improvement I talked to Heartland Honda and they told me it would be a couple of months, which was ok because my clutch was working good, after a month and a half, the clutch started getting grabie, called them and told them about the clutch, scheduled appointment for two weeks off, they kept it for five days. The clutch is very smooth now. I bet Russeville sold a ton of them and have a ton of them to fix.
Doing good man, busy, but good. True HR sells tons of rigs each year, but the guy was all happy and s*** until I stated why I was there. Then his attitude kinda changed to "Whatever man". Seems like if Honda heard our voices and came up with the solution, they would make parts available to their dealers so people wouldn't be on a waiting list for an unknown amount of time. I'll check with Heartland Honda and see if they can at least give me an idea on how many months or years I'd be on the waiting list. I hate the construction in that area, but might be worth the fight to haul it north to Heartland.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Doing good man, busy, but good. True HR sells tons of rigs each year, but the guy was all happy and s*** until I stated why I was there. Then his attitude kinda changed to "Whatever man". Seems like if Honda heard our voices and came up with the solution, they would make parts available to their dealers so people wouldn't be on a waiting list for an unknown amount of time. I'll check with Heartland Honda and see if they can at least give me an idea on how many months or years I'd be on the waiting list. I hate the construction in that area, but might be worth the fight to haul it north to Heartland.
Construction is the pits on I 49, it's not bad between 9:30 AM-11:30 AM and 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM or late at night. We have some really stupid drivers here. If i have to travel during the stupid hour's, I take the back roads if I can, a lot faster. I 49 can turn into a parking lot real fast.

Reactions: YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was thinking we had a member here at the forum that worked at Heartland. Could be wrong though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Was thinking we had a member here at the forum that worked at Heartland. Could be wrong though.
I don't know who it would be? I know Greg the owner and his brother have S X S's. The rest of the guy's I don't think so. Guess you can be a member and not own a S X S though.

G

gchapman

Dec 16, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bit more involved. But yes. May take a call to Honda for a ticket #.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I went to my dealer months ago and was told I was put on a list and would be called. I have called numerous times and even visited the dealership once. They keep saying I am in line to get the heat fix. Today they told me the only kits they are getting are for the 2017s. I have a 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5. I called Honda directly and the guy said to have patience because this was a free fix. Not a happy camper!

M

Motormike

Feb 20, 2018
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Since this upgrade comfort kit only applies to the 16 and 17 model years, is it safe to assume it's stock on the 2018 models?

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since this upgrade comfort kit only applies to the 16 and 17 model years, is it safe to assume it's stock on the 2018 models?

2018's have all of the updates when they are delivered.

advertisement