Peking_Duck

Peking_Duck

Jul 30, 2016
Clifton Forge, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 19604
View attachment 19605
I installed a 4" blowing across the exhaust manifold and a 3" blowing at the valve covers. I'm pretty sure that only the one across the exhaust is needed. The other one was just because... It really is a simple, inexpensive mod that everyone should have. I believe I will try to reverse the polarity in winter and cut a hole in the plastic behind my leg so that I get heat from it too.

How did you wire these fans up? to a switch or key on (ignition)?
Thanks.

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I have the blowers and just started
working to get the mounting worked out
and I am glad I read through the thread
again. Pete's comment about reversing
the polarity for heat is great idea. I am
going to work towards making the mount
reversible so the wiring will be simpler.
I'll add an opening with a grill in front of
the seat base and perhaps add some
dryer type flex tubing to make it more
efficient.
Also that will lean towards having the
blower easily removable for access to
the dipstick & other engine maintenance.

Later!

John

View attachment 19604
View attachment 19605
I installed a 4" blowing across the exhaust manifold and a 3" blowing at the valve covers. I'm pretty sure that only the one across the exhaust is needed. The other one was just because... It really is a simple, inexpensive mod that everyone should have. I believe I will try to reverse the polarity in winter and cut a hole in the plastic behind my leg so that I get heat from it too.

Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the Honda heat fix rubber mat install that actually made the drivers seat worst! So I installed one 4in fan under passenger seat blowing on headers, this took care of the heat and steam, next I'm removing the Honda rubber mat and installing heat reflective, sound deading material, not sure why they used rubber, doesn't seem like a good heat reflective material.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did you wire these fans up? to a switch or key on (ignition)?
Thanks.
I gave them a dedicated switch on my dash mounted switch plate. so they are powered from a fused switch and grounded to my "bus bolt" with many of my other accessories.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gave them a dedicated switch on my dash mounted switch plate. so they are powered from a fused switch and grounded to my "bus bolt" with many of my other accessories.
BTW, my switch plate always has power, so all my accessories, including these blowers, will run without having the key in the switch.