P1000 Has anyone ever ice raced there p5 1000?

I

Ice

Oct 7, 2017
wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well here in southern Wisconsin we haven't had any much snow to go snowmobiling but it has been bitter cold and I decided to take my p1000 deluxe to the local ice races and I was totally baffled how it ran against the 1000 razors and the yxz's. We had a heat race in the un studded oval and I ended up 2st place and the TT heat I ended up 1st place. Then we had the two main races and ended up 2nd in both I could get the hole shot every time and out accelerate on the straits> the transmission in sport mode shifted flawless. I had people asking me what did I do to this thing? 100% stock 6lbs of air in tires and just turned 100 miles, now I can give it its first oil change. Love this machine!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well here in southern Wisconsin we haven't had any much snow to go snowmobiling but it has been bitter cold and I decided to take my p1000 deluxe to the local ice races and I was totally baffled how it ran against the 1000 razors and the yxz's. We had a heat race in the un studded oval and I ended up 2st place and the TT heat I ended up 1st place. Then we had the two main races and ended up 2nd in both I could get the hole shot every time and out accelerate on the straits> the transmission in sport mode shifted flawless. I had people asking me what did I do to this thing? 100% stock 6lbs of air in tires and just turned 100 miles, now I can give it its first oil change. Love this machine!!!!!!!!!!!
Who got the over all? And how did you end up? Sounds like a hoot!

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Were you on koshkonong? I live in Janesville.

ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, that sounds like a blast. There is an advantage to extreme cold for long periods. Wish they had something like that around here, we are cold but not cold enough I'm afraid.

Reactions: sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was really impressed with the ice handling of the 1000 again this weekend. Super fun machine. Glad you're enjoying it too
Screenshot 20180107 20545401

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
I remember ice racing in street cars in Wisconsin. My dad ran mini spares on his olds and it seemed to work well. Do you have any video,sounds like fun!

advertisement
H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That really sounds like fun! They are excellent performers on the ice. While you can drive 4x4 trucks now on 17" of ice the Pioneer is a lot more fun.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Where was the ice races at, didn't know they raced sidexsides, been a few years since I went to one. I quess if it has a motor someone will race it. Haha

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement