HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Bad gas.
Always store full of premium gas and or add a fuel stabilizer. Ethonal kills everything when left long periods of time.
And the correct answer is . . . Dirtshirts.

The easiest thing to check and the most likely cause in the time of gasoline blended by idiot politicians is old ethanol gas.

The symptom being described sounds like dirty fuel injectors. It's caused by the machine spending most of it's time sitting around and used very little. Worthless ethanol gas goes bad quickly.

I would siphon out the bad gas, refill with fresh fuel, and add an appropriate amount of fuel injector cleaner then run it. Put some miles on it giving it time to operate at normal operating temperatures.

Reactions: denone and Ebody
E

Ebody

Jun 7, 2021
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This thing doesn't sit more than a day or two. It gets quite a bit of fuel ran through it. Once I get some free time I'll bench test the injectors as well as check valves etc. Was just hoping someone had a clear easy fix they could share before I tear into it.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Y'all just need to blow the carbon out of them more often. A sustained WOT run every now and then to clean the old plugs off.

Reactions: Ebody and Ohio4x4
E

Ebody

Jun 7, 2021
Tampa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lol. This one lives at a motocross track and is driven around by crazy moto guys as well as normal use. It likes WOT. But, hey I'm not opposed to opening it more just in case haha
Y'all just need to blow the carbon out of them more often. A sustained WOT run every now and then to clean the old plugs off.

H

Honda_Dave

Apr 8, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must be some kind of gremlin in these things. Just last weekend, when I would turn the key, it "clicks" like the battery is dead and barely turns over once or twice, but it's enough to catch and start the Pioneer. Battery is fully charged, so maybe a bad starter? Battery terminal connections are tight. Very odd.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I haven't experienced the problem but I've read quite a few posts suggesting that loose ground straps or ground straps with corroded ends can cause strange symptoms such as you described. Our buggies have electronic fuel injection and ignition so grounds are probably critical.

You might check ground straps. There may be more than just the battery ground strap. There may be an additional strap grounding the engine to the buggy frame.