Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Cheers fellas!

Beers don't get much better than this one!

From one of my daughters and son-in-law:

20240701 171922

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Far from it, we've had a phuckton of rain so far, it's making up for a low snow winter
Yes sir! Had to make a run to the cabin last Saturday to cut the grass. It so high Couldn't see my labs legs lol. That was just from a month. Usually only have to cut it 2-3 times a year up there.
IMG 1819

After the cut
IMG 1831

advertisement
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Pouring here all day. The rain has been plentiful. This year. Making up for no moisture this last winter, kinda evens itself out.
June has been dry AF here in Ohio. May was wet as can be. July hasn't produced much either. Saves me from mowing, I guess.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Weather in SE Michigan has been reasonably good to us this spring/summer. We've had a mix of rain and good days. Enough good days to get our entire 3,000 ft² of outdoor landscaping and flowerbeds totally converted from a jumbled mess of plants, flowers, weeds, trees, shrubs and bark to a very minimal amount of plant life and virtually maintenance free decorative stone. All the stone will be damn near black after a few good rainfalls washes off the dust.

Taking the opportunity to move the lines of stone so they are no longer wandering all over but are in nice, straight lines to make mowing much easier (filling in the new voids with grass seed). Getting rid of a HUGE useless flowerbed in the back, too (converting back to grass as well). Work should be done this week, hopefully.

Admittedly, these were severely neglected last year and this spring. The people who owned this house before us - that woman must have spent every waking moment out in these flowerbeds. She left us literal maps of every single one of the 13 flowerbeds, detailing what was in them and where. I finally say "No more! Get rid of it all!". Well, at least most of it.

Here are a couple of before and after pics (just a few of the 13 separate flowerbeds!)

IMG 5888 20240627 191843

IMG 5892 20240627 191934 20240627 191920

IMG 5892 20240627 191934

IMG 5881 IMG 5885 20240702 165225 20240702 165238 20240702 165256
(Still need to trim that tree going up the stairs)

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Pouring here all day. The rain has been plentiful. This year. Making up for no moisture this last winter, kinda evens itself out.
That storm was supposed to hit us but thankfully veered South, we need a break from the rain and the guys were working on the new drainfield today.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So I bought a nice Weber grill right before we moved back in 2020. It ran on LNG, as we had LNG @ the old house, so I piped it up to the back deck. Worke great.

When we moved to the current house, we no longer had LNG, so I had to convert it to LPG. No problem swapped the orifices. It worked OK, but one orifices was damaged, so we just didn't use that burner. I put the LNG orifice back in that side just so there was SOMETHING in there so it didn't spew out gallons of LPG, but we never turned that burner on.

Fast forward to 2024 @ the new house. We're tired of NOT being able to use all the burners for this high dollar grill. After careful consideration, I decided the best route was to purchase the entire manifold, including the LPG orifices, as I found out the valves were a little different, too. So I order it.

New part shows up. It was a pretty easy swap. Took the front off, removed the gas, disconnected two wires, cleaned things up, put it all back together, done. Right?

Wrong.

$145 later and the damn thing still wasn't working right. The right most burner was letting WAY too much gas through. I thought maybe the vent on that burner tube needed adjusting. But why JUST that one and not the other two. Regardless, I swapped the right and middle burner tubes (15 seconds) just to see ... no change! Tons of gas flaming out the right burner.

I figure something is wrong with the valve in the new manifold. I send off a letter to the reseller (bbqdepot.com) asking for next steps. They ask me to check to make sure there actually was an orifice in that valve. I'm thinking, yea, I saw it, I know it's there, but I decided to take the grill back apart and take some pics just to show them it had one.

Took it apart. Took a pic of the right one (they are in an odd location and hard to see without sticking your head inside the grill). Took a pick of the center one. That's odd - they look different. Took a pic of the far left one - that one looked just like the middle one. Hmm. Why would they have put a different orifice in the right valve versus the other two.

Then it hit me.

I opened the box that I had put the old manifold in after I replaced it - the box the new one was shipped to me in - and inspected the "old" manifold.

Low and behold, what did I find? The brand-new @#$%ing manifold.

I had removed the old one from the grill, cleaned everything up, then inadvertently re-installed the same old manifold I took out, thinking I was putting the new one in.

R&R the manifold again, this time actually installed the correct (new) one. It sure does work good now! :oops:😆

What. An. Idiot.

Measure twice, cut once, right?

Cheers, anyways!

2024 07 02 164428

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought a nice Weber grill right before we moved back in 2020. It ran on LNG, as we had LNG @ the old house, so I piped it up to the back deck. Worke great.

When we moved to the current house, we no longer had LNG, so I had to convert it to LPG. No problem swapped the orifices. It worked OK, but one orifices was damaged, so we just didn't use that burner. I put the LNG orifice back in that side just so there was SOMETHING in there so it didn't spew out gallons of LPG, but we never turned that burner on.

Fast forward to 2024 @ the new house. We're tired of NOT being able to use all the burners for this high dollar grill. After careful consideration, I decided the best route was to purchase the entire manifold, including the LPG orifices, as I found out the valves were a little different, too. So I order it.

New part shows up. It was a pretty easy swap. Took the front off, removed the gas, disconnected two wires, cleaned things up, put it all back together, done. Right?

Wrong.

$145 later and the damn thing still wasn't working right. The right most burner was letting WAY too much gas through. I thought maybe the vent on that burner tube needed adjusting. But why JUST that one and not the other two. Regardless, I swapped the right and middle burner tubes (15 seconds) just to see ... no change! Tons of gas flaming out the right burner.

I figure something is wrong with the valve in the new manifold. I send off a letter to the reseller (bbqdepot.com) asking for next steps. They ask me to check to make sure there actually was an orifice in that valve. I'm thinking, yea, I saw it, I know it's there, but I decided to take the grill back apart and take some pics just to show them it had one.

Took it apart. Took a pic of the right one (they are in an odd location and hard to see without sticking your head inside the grill). Took a pick of the center one. That's odd - they look different. Took a pic of the far left one - that one looked just like the middle one. Hmm. Why would they have put a different orifice in the right valve versus the other two.

Then it hit me.

I opened the box that I had put the old manifold in after I replaced it - the box the new one was shipped to me in - and inspected the "old" manifold.

Low and behold, what did I find? The brand-new @#$%ing manifold.

I had removed the old one from the grill, cleaned everything up, then inadvertently re-installed the same old manifold I took out, thinking I was putting the new one in.

R&R the manifold again, this time actually installed the correct (new) one. It sure does work good now! :oops:😆

What. An. Idiot.

Measure twice, cut once, right?

Cheers, anyways!

View attachment 435474
Bahahaha…oops!

advertisement