H.F.A.W.H.A. meeting

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry didn't see this but yes. It came auto but was a little soft. Installed 5speed but just couldn't deal with it in town as daily. Went back to the original auto but the 3-4 lockup isn't working perfect and it bumps out of od too quickly. Replacing tps adjusting bands fluid/filter should be good.
I wanted to run the bulletproof manual but gotten lazy I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have always been to scared to own a dodge with an auto behind a diesel. And guess grabing gears isnt a big deal when your daily driver is a 13 speed. But if it works for ya

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have always been to scared to own a dodge with an auto behind a diesel. And guess grabing gears isnt a big deal when your daily driver is a 13 speed. But if it works for ya

I had an 03 ram CTD with a 47re and went through 6 transmissions in 55k miles and sold that joker! My 15.5 gmc dually trans freaked out on me last weekend leaving out of mulberry mountain and made a real loud bang and locked into third gear. Wouldn't shift up or down... pulled over when I finally found some flat ground where I could get off the road and cycled the ignition and lights were flashing everywhere on the dash. Pulled my tuner out and cleared all the codes and it's been working just fine since. Hope I have no issues on the way to the takeover... I'm sure I'll get some more camper time before then though...

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
8a210f544dfb0346cd2eec72dcbc7f0b

Been working on getting a video up from my garmin virb editor for several hours. Editing it was a nightmare but I got that done kinda. First try so it's not great. Still got hour and a half video from a ride in Mark Twain national forest this afternoon I haven't even looked at! Need a beer.... ugh!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had an 03 ram CTD with a 47re and went through 6 transmissions in 55k miles and sold that joker! My 15.5 gmc dually trans freaked out on me last weekend leaving out of mulberry mountain and made a real loud bang and locked into third gear. Wouldn't shift up or down... pulled over when I finally found some flat ground where I could get off the road and cycled the ignition and lights were flashing everywhere on the dash. Pulled my tuner out and cleared all the codes and it's been working just fine since. Hope I have no issues on the way to the takeover... I'm sure I'll get some more camper time before then though...

That's the things I fear about buying a new diesel. I would puke if I had 65,000 into a truck and had issues.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the things I fear about buying a new diesel. I would puke if I had 65,000 into a truck and had issues.

I'm out of warranty so I'm just going to drive it til it blows if it does. My father in law runs only duramaxes in his construction company. I told him about it and he said he has an 05 model with almost 500k on the odometer and it's been doing that for years. He said they clear the codes with an only superchips programmer and it always goes on for a few more months. Who knows. It may last for years and years. Either way a 10k transmission is cheaper than a new truck. I almost have this one paid off...

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont know if its the same tranny they put in the smaller trucks, but at work we have a bunch of 12 and 13 ram 5500s with an asian tranny. They realy seem to have been holding up pretty good. But what do you expect from the main manufacturer that toyota and nissan run

advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
3643d8e23fcf83426a1a4afa9f16dee2 figured I would participate tonight... only beer I've drank in years...

Cheers. On a run back in dec. The sister in law accidentally bought that. And so at the end of the day it was the only thing left in the cooler. We all new. But a buddy riding with us had no idea. And granted it was dark and drunk out but we let him finish off her 6er of bush n/a. After his 4th one we had to tell him. He kept asking us what was so funny, when we would all laugh when he got another beer

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I dont know if its the same tranny they put in the smaller trucks, but at work we have a bunch of 12 and 13 ram 5500s with an asian tranny. They realy seem to have been holding up pretty good. But what do you expect from the main manufacturer that toyota and nissan run

I'm going to get a 92-3 cummins and when I do we have an Allison from a school bus I'll drop in. I figure that'll be an easy life for that transmission. Ill gear that truck super high strictly for mileage. The tranny in my year I can have rebuilt for 800 and most of the time if it starts to slip you adjust bands. Not a bad transmission if you don't have a ton to throw at the vehicle. Manual takes that totally out of the equation

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm going to get a 92-3 cummins and when I do we have an Allison from a school bus I'll drop in. I figure that'll be an easy life for that transmission. Ill gear that truck super high strictly for mileage. The tranny in my year I can have rebuilt for 800 and most of the time if it starts to slip you adjust bands. Not a bad transmission if you don't have a ton to throw at the vehicle. Manual takes that totally out of the equation

Allisons are tough to beat. Thats for sure.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Your record with Manual transmissions is less than stellar. I'd stick with the auto. If I was you just saying lol.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@CumminsPusher. I posted up some videos from yesterday's ride. It's a lot like your going to see at the takeover. They are under a new tread called Windrock Park by Windrock 1000. Is is close to your normal riding? These trails are mild but really fun.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone see in the news that Brittany Spears niece was in a atv accident? She was driving I assume to be a 170 razr went around a drainage ditch and drove into a pond. Under water for 2 min because of the seat belt and netting. Stable but critical condition. She's 8 yrs old parents were watching. Crazy stuff happens when you least expect it. They were on their own property too.

advertisement