Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I bet there are many of us that with a stash of old wiring around that we plan to one day repurpose, lol:cool: I’ve had one box for years and it always comes in handy! Problem is I only use about a foot per year and there are hundreds of feet of different gauge wire:confused:

Along with stereos, amplifiers, speakers, EQ's, crossovers. Built my son his first system from old stuff and I still have a bunch. Can't just throw it out though...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
Screenshot 20171218 200241

Reactions: Neohio and JTW
advertisement
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Still headed Thursday morn? Lots of new snow, that weight will sure help the dually

The Dually can't even tell that there is anything in the bed. 1200 lbs back there is nothing - not even touching the overload springs even on bumps. My toy hauler has around 3700 lbs pin weight on the fifth wheel hitch. Just enough to make it ride nice.:cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The Dually can't even tell that there is anything in the bed. 1200 lbs back there is nothing - not even touching the overload springs even on bumps. My toy hauler has around 3700 lbs pin weight on the fifth wheel hitch. Just enough to make it ride nice.:cool:
I think I'm going to be a little later then planned.6-7pm probably. The 4x on the pickup can't currently be used because much different wear on the tires and I'll be loaded down good so it'll be slow going. If I spin out might have to hook trailer to the Pioneer and continue the trip. Regardless we're coming!! Bring some Xmas lights we'll find a good tree:) first one there owns the other a beer!

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I think I'm going to be a little later then planned.6-7pm probably. The 4x on the pickup can't currently be used because much different wear on the tires and I'll be loaded down good so it'll be slow going. If I spin out might have to hook trailer to the Pioneer and continue the trip. Regardless we're coming!! Bring some Xmas lights we'll find a good tree:) first one there owns the other a beer!

I would think if it’s slick enough to spin out limited use of 4WD won’t hurt anything, just don’t do it on good traction. I have done it even if I had two different tire sizes front to rear.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would think if it’s slick enough to spin out limited use of 4WD won’t hurt anything, just don’t do it on good traction. I have done it even if I had two different tire sizes front to rear.
Agreed. Unless the tires are vastly different diameters, 4x4 use will not be an issue unless you are on surfaces where you don't need it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Depending on conditions possibly. It'll probably be patchy which I wouldn't run like that. Sheer ice or snow no problems.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry, I did not mean to be telling you how to run your show.;)
No I was agreeing with you if it's possible lol. Where I'd normally run 4wd on highway out we just may not be able to. Make sure to call when leaving the highway there is no service for long time. We will have to ride to service once there.
I'm excited to see you again, can't wait to meet your wife too. I heard a foot of fresh should be fun! were no able to bring sleds this trip it'll be all sxs

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
advertisement