Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Great looking truck! If I sell my Pioneer Foreman, golf carts and lawnmower I may be able to get it before you! But I’m going to have to live in it because he wife will divorce me! Lol
That truck is only 5k shy of our house lol. Whoever built it did it to fit their needs, built not bought is always cooler especially with that running gear. Can't possibly get more dependable, it's like a roach it'll out live anything

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 1113

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
New isn't always better.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5year 150k bumper to bumper warranty is GREAT though.

Can’t get that on a 18yo truck.

I work enough, I don’t want to fix stuff myself anymore.

Not that I’d spend 60k on a truck anyway, but if I did it’d have a full warranty so the $$$$$ stuff was covered for a while.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. but custom built s*** is outrageous. However, that’s not exactly a classic.
Thats my point. I paid $52,000 for a 17 ram. Thats rated to tow 18,000. Navigation, heated seats wheel on and on delete it for $2500, lift and big tires you have alot more for a little bit more money so i cant see 55,000. Is my point. That truck is beautiful but come on. 30 grand sounds more resonable maybe 35

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I dont see you riding in a big red! :)
No but a big red would be much cheaper to fix and not f*** someone for 1000's of dollars and a year of time if warranty won't cover it just because of a trans issue.
new diesels are ultra expensive, emissions issues alone are crap,12000$ injectors replace, transmission that's 12k. 1300 for water pump install, $4000 headgasket. Hell the new diesels are unbelievably expensive to work on and they get worked on a lot more. Have many friends in the shops and 22hours to pull a Duramax? Some us can't afford a $10k hit the day it's bought and spend three years just paying for depreciation. That truck will still be going when most new ones are off the road.k.i.s.s is a smart way sometimes. You could own that truck till 5-600000 and it's still worth something. The new trucks will be dead long before that. There are several 12 valves still going with nothing done to the motor at 3 million miles. That's why my 12v is still worth as much as a chev or ford 10 years newer. Some of us like to be able to afford to work on something and have it last. You could pull the battery and alternator in that truck (or mine) and still make it home. New truck it gets towed to the dealer.
Different rigs for different people.hell I wouldn't buy that truck because it's not needed. 400k on ours it seems just fine but I do like that one. Nice to see someone build something so nice and I respect it because I know what's underneath. It's not the badge on a truck I like it's what's behind it.

Last edited:
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but a big red would be much cheaper to fix and not f*** someone for 1000's of dollars and a year of time if warranty won't cover it just because of a trans issue.
new diesels are ultra expensive, emissions issues alone are crap,12000$ injectors replace, transmission that's 12k. 1300 for water pump install, $4000 headgasket. Hell the new diesels are unbelievably expensive to work on and they get worked on a lot more. Have many friends in the shops and 22hours to pull a Duramax? Some us can't afford a $10k hit the day it's bought and spend three years just paying for depreciation. That truck will still be going when most new ones are off the road.k.i.s.s is a smart way sometimes. You could own that truck till 5-600000 and it's still worth something. The new trucks will be dead long before that. There are several 12 valves still going with nothing done to the motor at 3 million miles. That's why my 12v is still worth as much as a chev or ford 10 years newer. Some of us like to be able to afford to work on something and have it last. You could pull the battery and alternator in that truck (or mine) and still make it home. New truck it gets towed to the dealer.
Different rigs for different people.hell I wouldn't buy that truck because it's not needed. 400k on ours it seems just fine but I do like that one. Nice to see someone build something so nice. Again I respect built not bought. If I win the lottery I'll buy it and prove my point in 10-15 years
Agreed..i enjoy being able to work on my own s***. At the rate thimgs are going youre gonna have to go to a dealer just to change the friggin oil:mad:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Agreed..i enjoy being able to work on my own s***. At the rate thimgs are going youre gonna have to go to a dealer just to change the friggin oil:mad:
I'd rather build something the way I want it then deal with factory stuff sometimes. There's something to be said about lack of technology! Everyone loves it till there's a problem and your rig is at the dealer while they try to figure it out for weeks. Sometimes (like lately) I'd rather a rig that just always will run

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd rather build something the way I want it then deal with factory stuff sometimes. There's something to be said about lack of technology! Everyone loves it till there's a problem and your rig is at the dealer while they try to figure it out for weeks. Sometimes (like lately) I'd rather a rig that just always will run
Yes. The 700 doesn't seem to get much respect lately...but if you want to sleep well knowing it will go everyday, it's hard to argue with.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes. The 700 doesn't seem to get much respect lately...but if you want to sleep well knowing it will go everyday, it's hard to argue with.
I love the 1000 even with our problems but...if the end of the world comes I sure as s*** would rather a 700. 700 is old school like Honda quads and will sit in the weather for 10 years and still fire up. Technology is great till you have to pay for it out of pocket. Most warranties will expire before the payment does. I've recently learned not put 100% trust into warranty anyways.

advertisement