Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 84979

Maybe I’m just not looking for the right maps. This is more of what I understand. These others are kinda complicated. Lol. Are you guys using these as a way in way out map? I use them to see all the existing trails that I want to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can grab one of those maps at the counter when you check in. Make sure you get the full size 4x4 map also.

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
This is maprika and it works with gps. So now I’ll use the brand new Tab A and I can always see where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Maplets is another app

Reactions: K9Paco
T

Tunlrat

Jun 8, 2024
North Centr Michigan /North Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
The best one I have found is Topo Maps by Brian Endecott - I think the company is Mappendix. I’ll include a screenshot of the icon and a screenshot of the program running on an iPhone.

The benefits of the app are:

1. These are the official USGS quadrangle maps.
2. There are no “in-app” purchases (once the app is purchased, you have access to USGS data forever).
3. You don’t have to supply an email address - no spam, ever.
4. You can drop pins on the map at your current location, annotate them, and have references for each ride you do.
5. No cell service required if you have pre-downloaded the maps for the region you’re in.
6. Excellent documentation within the app and on the publisher’s website.
7. You can export your pins by emailing them to yourself as a backup. I do this regularly to restore them to the app when I get a new phone, or in case my phone gets broken.

View attachment 84906 View attachment 84907
Price ? Does it have maps of Northern Michigan?

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I purchased a Garmin Tread SXS Edition before I went to TO this year. I've used the phone apps and have a Samsung Lifetime Trail Map. I found myself starting and stopping often to decipher where I was and where I wanted to go. The Tread isn't cheap but works the way one of these apps should and allows you to download routes or enter a destination by trail or road and it routes you with visual and audible turn by turn directions. Tap the screen and it automatically blows up your current location, tap again and it goes back. Great feature when rolling briskly and encounter several trail heads at once. You can add markers for your trails at differing distance intervals letting you know how far away your upcoming turns or intersections are. It also has 2 way communication via GMRS radio and in reach/cell communication via satellite with a subscription. Once you get the tablet set up with your preferences it's easy peezy. No more getting pissed at your girlfriend / navigator because you wound up riding down the trail to hell miles from where you intended to be. I ordered the remote GPS antenna upon return because being under canopy with a roof and windshield may slow acquisition of satellite signal if you're running at a good clip. If you bite the bullet for one of these you'll love me forever. It's a game changer in Offroad Navigation. All of the trails at Ride Royal Blue and Brimstone were preloaded and all roads as well.