P500 Good spot for a fire extinguisher.

Glazer

Glazer

Dec 29, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I always have a fire extinguisher on board on whatever I am driving because I have had to use them several times. after doing some looking, I found the style I liked but didn't want to spent $65.00 to $70.00.
So I made one myself, I bought a piece of 1" x 1/8" - 4" mild steel, 1- stainless steel 1/4" bolt and nut,
1- 1/4" x 1" pull pin and 4 - hose clamps. cut and welded it up. to remove the extinguisher, just pull the orange key tag that attached to the pull pin and lift the extinguisher off. I wanted it mounted to the P5 so it will always be with the machine.
This is what I copied. https://www.amazon.com/Micephon-Adj...gler-Unlimited/dp/B07HMKPZDX/?tag=sxsweb24-20

FE pic

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nice, wish I had one. Any extras lying around? LOL. Any close up pics would be appreciated, to copy fab.

Glazer

Glazer

Dec 29, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Nice, wish I had one. Any extras lying around? LOL. Any close up pics would be appreciated, to copy fab.
Sorry, but I didn't take any pics of the finish product, but in my original post, I added a link to where I copied the ideal, it has pictures and measurements on how to fab it.

Last edited:
Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
You inspired me to build one on this colder than the north pole day. So since it's too cold to make concrete today, I whipped one out for myself. Please don't pay attention to the welds. the battery went dead on my auto darkening helmet and all I had was a scratched up half lens piece of crap, that I can't see through to save my own life. Anyway, they stuck, that's the main thing.Fire extinguisher mount 1 Fire extinguisher mount 2 Fire extinguisher mount 3 Fire extinguisher mount 4 Fire extinguisher mount 5 Fire extinguisher mount 6

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Looks great easy to access, nice work.
I mounted mine on the floor hump, with a standard mounting bracket right against vertical seat wall,below the park brake. Its out of the way, quick access, easily seen. Only caution might be if you have someone sitting in the middle, not really a problem for me as my “kids” are adults now and don’t fit well there hahaha.
j

advertisement
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't ridden with any rzr's, but if I start then I will have to invest in this. :D

Kinda surprised that’s not come up already I typically ride alone for work. The last couple years it’s been really dry with lots of fine fuels like dry grass and needles and in my jurisdiction I carry hand fire fighting tools. So in my rear tub I’ve got one of those plastic piss pump fire fighting cans, (fill of water), Pulaski and typically a shovel and chainsaw. Usually water hose dry leaves and debris off matchine after work everyday to flush out keerap. Not interested in being the cause of a wildfire on crown (Govt) forest lands.
Cheers,
j

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is above and behind passenger seat

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I always have a fire extinguisher on board on whatever I am driving because I have had to use them several times. after doing some looking, I found the style I liked but didn't want to spent $65.00 to $70.00.
So I made one myself, I bought a piece of 1" x 1/8" - 4" mild steel, 1- stainless steel 1/4" bolt and nut,
1- 1/4" x 1" pull pin and 4 - hose clamps. cut and welded it up. to remove the extinguisher, just pull the orange key tag that attached to the pull pin and lift the extinguisher off. I wanted it mounted to the P5 so it will always be with the machine.
This is what I copied. https://www.amazon.com/Micephon-Adjustable-Extinguisher-Wrangler-Unlimited/dp/B07HMKPZDX/ref=sr_1_57_sspa?crid=3SZYB2QV5WHOZ&keywords=utv+fire+extinguisher+mount&qid=1551491408&s=gateway&sprefix=utv+fire,aps,175&sr=8-57-spons&psc=1

View attachment 111654