Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not a speed freak either but there's a couple miles of road I have to traverse from unloading spot to beginning of the trail. Normally I run around 50-55. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for Honda's famous "gear whine" noise on every water-cooled engine they've ever made lol.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My experiences you can take with a grain of salt, because like I said I usually don't go that fast. In over a year I think I have only hit the rev limiter on the 700 (43 mph) one time. And at that time, I think it was pretty loud, but I don't recall because the cold air coming over the bottom of the 2 piece windshield (I took the top section off) froze my face and EARS. I'm still trying to thaw out. LOL. I have only ridden in one other UTV and that was that Teryx and it was very disappointing. I know the Pioneer is 10 times quieter. I hope you can figure something out and I'm sure there are bunch of people on here that can help. Good Luck.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've got the hard roof and glass w/s. It seems quite noisy to me inside the cab - there isn't much between the driver and the engine.

But the machine is quiet. We can across a mountain biker on the trail today. I came around a corner and he jumped off his bike and pulled of the trail. I wasn't going fast at all for those conditions - I slowed down and crawled up to him. I asked him if he heard me coming. He said "not at all - you kinda freaked me out - that machine is so quiet". He saw me before he heard me.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna try the sound deadening a member suggested. Like I said it's not a deal breaker. Nothing could stop me from loving this machine ( or any of the other hondas I've owned). I loved the way it sounded without the top though. At 60 it was still pleasant. The stock exhaust note is awesome.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Ive used my machine exclusively for hunting, where as I'm typically easing through the trails at a slow pace. Sheldon have I held the speed at a high pace. If were one to want that consistent speed, and the whine became to much on the ears, I might try some soft foam ear plugs. I carry them in the field when hunting as my go to gun is really loud.

Reactions: Delton
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
When I'm going to ride fast I wear my full face helmet it helps a lot with the noise I have the hard top and full windshield on my pioneer 1000-5.

Reactions: Delton
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna try the sound deadening a member suggested. Like I said it's not a deal breaker. Nothing could stop me from loving this machine ( or any of the other hondas I've owned). I loved the way it sounded without the top though. At 60 it was still pleasant. The stock exhaust note is awesome.
i used some bubble wrap insulation you buy at lowes or homedepot comes in diffrent size rolls for insulating under the seat bottom. cut down on dust and heat and noise . also installed some headliner material on my roof with spray adhesive to cut down the noise. however i did figure out after removing my windshield for the summer and installing my honda brand 1/4 windscreen. the noise is gone and so is the dust .
0220161345c

Reactions: ghost
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went out today and it didn't bother me as much. I'm probably just getting used to it. I was thankful for the top cause those Bighorns were spewing some mud today lol. Alot still managed to get on me somehow lol