Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd read about a few people saying adding a hard top increased noise level in the cabin. Didn't really think too much about it until today when I got mine out for first time with the top. It will flat out cause hearing loss at any speed over roughly 20 mph. At around 50 you can forget having a conversation with anyone else in there with you. At 60 it is almost maddening (seriously). Is there any way to quieten it down? I love the exhaust note of the stock pipe but it combined with the drive line noise is unbearable. Is it that bad with the 3P top? I almost considered getting the 3 instead of the 5. At this point I'm ready to sell it for a loss.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I'd read about a few people saying adding a hard top increased noise level in the cabin. Didn't really think too much about it until today when I got mine out for first time with the top. It will flat out cause hearing loss at any speed over roughly 20 mph. At around 50 you can forget having a conversation with anyone else in there with you. At 60 it is almost maddening (seriously). Is there any way to quieten it down? I love the exhaust note of the stock pipe but it combined with the drive line noise is unbearable. Is it that bad with the 3P top? I almost considered getting the 3 instead of the 5. At this point I'm ready to sell it for a loss.
You might consider getting the soft top / mid panel. I have a 3 with the soft top and love it. I never had the hard top to compare it to, but I have to imagine it will not bounce sound off it like the hard panel.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 3p is very loud too. That was the first thing I noticed when I put it on. It also squeaks a lot with the windshield.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have the 1000-3 with hard top and hard mid panel...I don't notice it being that loud. I have a sound bar and listen to it and do have conversations with my kids at all speeds. Now it does get louder as speed increases but do not notice it being a problem.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
You could take the back roll bar off and put a 3P top on if you think that would help, seen a few people do that. Also might want to look into some sound deadening material under the seat...

Reactions: sharp
pgiannetto65

pgiannetto65

Dec 19, 2015
I have the 3P with roof top and 2piece windshield. I don't really notice the noise much different than the Polaris Ranger or the Kubota Rtv I had in the past.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what I'll do. May get a soft top or a hard 3P. Or just take it off completely when weather allows. I spend way more time going 10mph than I do 50, so it's not too big of a deal.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Delton get you some sound absorbing material and stick it to your roof. dont have to cover every sq inch. just a few strips of it will probably help a lot.

J

Jack39

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2015
Wareham, MA (near cape cod)
I used the Kno Knoise Kolossus sound deadener product on my Teryx with some success. I also put it under the seat on my 1K 3. I think it would make a big difference if you put it under your roof as well as under your seat. It also helps with heat transfer. It's not very expensive, and a dream to work with. Good luck, I think you'll like it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the Kno Knoise Kolossus sound deadener product on my Teryx with some success. I also put it under the seat on my 1K 3. I think it would make a big difference if you put it under your roof as well as under your seat. It also helps with heat transfer. It's not very expensive, and a dream to work with. Good luck, I think you'll like it.
Great thanks for the tip. I'll get some on the way.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it from Amazon.
Hey that's even better. I enrolled in Amazon prime so I've been ordering everything from them lol. Enjoying the free 2 day shipping

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
My 3 seater is noisy too but I wear a helmet and no problem. My buddy has a Can-Am commander and doesn't wear a helmet so he uses the hearing protection that he uses for shooting and it works great. It looks a bit Goofy but it works great. I don't like ear plugs.

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 3 seater is noisy too but I wear a helmet and no problem. My buddy has a Can-Am commander and doesn't wear a helmet so he uses the hearing protection that he uses for shooting and it works great. It looks a bit Goofy but it works great. I don't like ear plugs.
I don't like wearing earplugs either. Wear those dang things enough at work lol

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Just ordered some off amazon. Thanks for the tip. I think this may also work great for the generator box in my 5th wheel too!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just ordered some off amazon. Thanks for the tip. I think this may also work great for the generator box in my 5th wheel too!
How many sq ft die you get? It shouldn't take much

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
How many sq ft die you get? It shouldn't take much
I got the full car kit 35 sq feet. But I planned on using it in my camper too. I think I'll go to a fabric store and get something to glue to it so I don't have to look at that foil look. If not might try to paint it black

H

HondaTech

I never listened to these complaints until I rode in a friends 4p 700, holy hell that thing was stupid loud. Ever ride in a truck or car with a window down and get that buffeting that shoves air into your ears? That was the exact same feeling I had.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I'm not a speed racer and very rarely get my 700 over 25, but I have no complaints about the noise. I have the full hard roof and can still have a conversation while cruising around. The guy I run around with has a Teryx and it is INSANELY noisy in the cab. No way in the world you could have conversation in it. Before I bought my 700 I had to take it for a spin just to check on the cab noise and with in 200 yards, I was sold. Hopefully you can find something that works.

H

HondaTech

Teryxs are noisy machines period, they clang and bang to hell and back. Never ride in one without the interior installed you'll swear the engine is coming apart beside you.

advertisement