P500 Gearing up for winter

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
The weather is turning cold up here in Michigan and that means snow will be here soon, in the past I've plowed with my Rubicon and it worked just fine...but this year I decided to get a plow for my p500 so the past couple of days I winterized, putting my doors on the rear window in and today I installed my new plow
I went with the KFI open trail system with a 60 inch blade
I really like the way it picks up so high you can drive the sxs with the plow on or by removing 2 pins it comes off ...I'm sure that other plows do the same thing but I got a great deal on it at my local Honda dealer plus they had it in stock.
I figured why plow snow out in the open when I can sit in comfort with heat and music plus it gives me another reason to drive my p500
20191105 182204
20191105 182226
20191105 182314

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
For me the snow is hit and miss... but I'll probably own one someday. And I'll probably foolishly try to grade my gravel driveway with it :)

Reactions: RumpRocket
advertisement
dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got almost enough snow, after watching it fall all day at work I was determined to plow the driveway when I got home even if there wasn't technically "enough snow " and let me tell you it worked great it moved the snow and 2 or 3 inches of topsoil effortlessly I was use to using my Rubicon and you had to go like hell, but the little 500 I barely gave it and throttle and it are right thru it not to mention I stayed warm and dry in the cab
I would recommend a p500 plow to anyone, now I just need more driveways

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got almost enough snow, after watching it fall all day at work I was determined to plow the driveway when I got home even if there wasn't technically "enough snow " and let me tell you it worked great it moved the snow and 2 or 3 inches of topsoil effortlessly I was use to using my Rubicon and you had to go like hell, but the little 500 I barely gave it and throttle and it are right thru it not to mention I stayed warm and dry in the cab
I would recommend a p500 plow to anyone, now I just need more driveways

Yeah, I've made the mistake of hitting it hard before the ground was frozen, made a frickin mess!

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought the KFI 66" Pro Poly, will be in this week. Next investment "Power Steering"

Reactions: trigger and Mudder
C

crosby

Sep 8, 2018
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. 700-2
The weather is turning cold up here in Michigan and that means snow will be here soon, in the past I've plowed with my Rubicon and it worked just fine...but this year I decided to get a plow for my p500 so the past couple of days I winterized, putting my doors on the rear window in and today I installed my new plow
I went with the KFI open trail system with a 60 inch blade
I really like the way it picks up so high you can drive the sxs with the plow on or by removing 2 pins it comes off ...I'm sure that other plows do the same thing but I got a great deal on it at my local Honda dealer plus they had it in stock.
I figured why plow snow out in the open when I can sit in comfort with heat and music plus it gives me another reason to drive my p500 View attachment 164627 View attachment 164628 View attachment 164629
What do you use for heat?

Reactions: RumpRocket
advertisement