Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IF you were stay OFF ROAD riding for 3 days, you would see things differently when you were the only one needing fuel.
Next time we get to ride together remind me I'll bring some extra wheels and tires for you to try. I bet those baserkers are heavier than the outback Max's that sucked the fuel on mine. I agree once I caught on it was a little scary and I carried extra fuel in places I wouldn't normally.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IF you were stay OFF ROAD riding for 3 days, you would see things differently when you were the only one needing fuel.
I can understand if I was doing that but I'm not so I'm not worried about it.

Reactions: BigOL3
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't think the P1's are all that bad on fuel. Been on group rides with them and remember a couple of times needing fuel before they did. Granted that's on a P5 that weighs way more than stock and pushing the speed for long periods of time to keep up. FWIW

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next time we get to ride together remind me I'll bring some extra wheels and tires for you to try. I bet those baserkers are heavier than the outback Max's that sucked the fuel on mine. I agree once I caught on it was a little scary and I carried extra fuel in places I wouldn't normally.
IIRC they are 43# each. But my MPG was bad before I got them.

Reactions: Isaiah

1WVRider

Jun 6, 2024
WVa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just bought a 2024 1000-3, when I had one digit left on the fuel gauge I put gas in it, it took about 5-51/2 gals to be full again, I had 37 miles on the odometer 😳 That ain’t to good 7-8 mpg , plz tell me I’m wrong, I welcome that. I’m also glad to be part of the Pioneer family

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@1WVRider

Typically on the Pioneer 1000s you can go 120- 140 miles on a full tank (7.9 gal). On three machines over 23k miles I have owned. All typically go 80+ miles before hitting the last bar on the gauge. When the last bar starts flashing you still have approximately 2 gal in reserve.

The gauge will always show lower when pointing downhill and fuller pointing uphill due to the float sensor design. Getting approximately 20mpg overall is typical if not running in low range a lot.

1WVRider

Jun 6, 2024
WVa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@1WVRider

Typically on the Pioneer 1000s you can go 120- 140 miles on a full tank (7.9 gal). On three machines over 23k miles I have owned. All typically go 80+ miles before hitting the last bar on the gauge. When the last bar starts flashing you still have approximately 2 gal in reserve.

The gauge will always show lower when pointing downhill and fuller pointing uphill due to the float sensor design. Getting approximately 20mpg overall is typical if not running in low range a lot.
Maybe when the engine “breaks in” a bit it’ll do better. Also I took a couple 7 mile rides, of the 37 miles, that were in 4x4 back in the woods. Nevertheless 37 miles on 5-5 1/2 gals is horrible and alarming. I am hoping for better, it sure ain’t motorcycle mpgs

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@1WVRider

I watch the mpg a lot because some of my rides require bringing extra gas I need to plan.
@JACKAL is right that 20 mpg is about the average.
One thing I've noticed on my 2021 P1K5 is that you need to use a flashlight and you need to fill part way into the fill spout.
The tank is flat and wide so it can look full but still take about a gallon.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Maybe when the engine “breaks in” a bit it’ll do better. Also I took a couple 7 mile rides, of the 37 miles, that were in 4x4 back in the woods. Nevertheless 37 miles on 5-5 1/2 gals is horrible and alarming. I am hoping for better, it sure ain’t motorcycle mpgs
You don’t say if you’re in low or not…low range and high rpms will blow through the gas like mad.

There really isn’t many times where low range is really needed on most trails imo in a p1000 rig.

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement

1WVRider

Jun 6, 2024
WVa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I watch the mpg a lot because some of my rides require bringing extra gas I need to plan.
@JACKAL is right that 20 mpg is about the average.
One thing I've noticed on my 2021 P1K5 is that you need to use a flashlight and you need to fill part way into the fill spout.
The tank is flat and wide so it can look full but still take about a gallon.
Yeah the gas tank fill up is tricky,
You don’t say if you’re in low or not…low range and high rpms will blow through the gas like mad.

There really isn’t many times where low range is really needed on most trails imo in a p1000 rig.
I took a few rides in the woods use 4x4 a lot, it was steep and wet, not boring around just because I thought it was necessary. Most other rides have been 1/2 mile rides in turf mode, high range. I admit that I experimented with the 1000-3 in the woods and used diff-lock and 4x4 very rarely in Low. Sounds like I did things that burn through gas, I’ve never just took it for a long ride, I didn’t buy it for that but for hauling traps on the hill and coyotes and deer off the hill.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

1WVRider

Jun 6, 2024
WVa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah the gas tank fill up is tricky,

I took a few rides in the woods use 4x4 a lot, it was steep and wet, not boring around just because I thought it was necessary. Most other rides have been 1/2 mile rides in turf mode, high range. I admit that I experimented with the 1000-3 in the woods and used diff-lock and 4x4 very rarely in Low. Sounds like I did things that burn through gas, I’ve never just took it for a long ride, I didn’t buy it for that but for hauling traps on the hill and coyotes and deer off the hill.
I’m finding out that rarely 4x4 is even needed, it’s factory crawler in turf mode

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Same here for me. I recently purchased a 2024 1000-5 Trail model and have found the mpg to be horrendous. I have about 85 miles on my SXS and I’ve had to fill it up 3 times……..that’s unacceptable. I figure I’m getting around 5 mpg.
Spunds like you need to sell it and buy a Bromco.
Ill start the bidding at $1000.00🤣
Seriously, its a big UTV box. Your not running at 55mph on cruse control with great arrow dynamics. Buy a belt drive rig and let us know how good of mph that one gets running hiigh gas sucking RPM’s lol.
Try it with a tune and big tires.
With only 85 miles that motor is as tight as a first date. Get out and put more miles on it and get it lossend up, like 1,000 then get back . News flash! It wont be 20-30mpg tho

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Our average over 1300 miles with various terrain is 20.8 🤷‍♂️
23 P1K5 Trail
How in the fuc are you getting that?
But then again, who bought a sXs for the mpg much less checks it?🤣 gas and go turn and burn

RacinJasonWV

RacinJasonWV

Aug 8, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How in the fuc are you getting that?
But then again, who bought a sXs for the mpg much less checks it?🤣 gas and go turn and burn
I don’t drive for mileage but just track it. I’m a geek so just enjoy seeing what it gets. Simple to reset the trip and put a note in my phone while filling up. Spreadsheets are fun. 🤷‍♂️😂

Driving conditions vary from tasks around our property, back roads, slow narrow trails, H & L ranges, and at times fast on double line roads to get home quicker. The bulk of accumulated miles is probably from cruising around on the single lane backroads though.

Our previous 700-4 got almost the same, just slightly lower. I don’t have access to the data at the moment but somewhere around 20.0.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
One of the UTV mags did a test a few years back. P1000 vs X4 vs Teryx (the old 850). They commented that the Honda got noticably better mileage than the other 2, and they were 850's.

Reactions: Backwoods