Gas milage?

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Backwards thinking. Its like someone buys an economy car and there worried about the tow capacity

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Backwards thinking. Its like someone buys an economy car and there worried about the tow capacity
I bought a Cadillac ESV back in 2008. Could care less about mileage. Just wanted something that could haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever and capacity for 12’ lumber inside. Gas was soon over $4.00 a gallon, no problem. I was still only having to fill it up once every 6 weeks. Now that I’ve moved to AZ, I find that mileage sucks when towing my sxs. But, it only has 80,000 miles on it and it works. Had to add a different, larger capacity transmission oil cooler to keep temperatures down, but after that it works great again. Has a 550+ range meaning I can go from Tucson to Reno with only one fill up. If Ronb is planning to ride the AZ trail, knowing how far a tank of fuel will take him, he’s thinking ahead. That trail doesn’t have a gas station every 50 miles.

Last edited:
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a Cadillac ESV back in 2008. Could care less about mileage. Just wanted something that could haul a 4x8 sheet of whatever and capacity for 12’ lumber inside. Gas was soon over $4.00 a gallon, no problem. I was still only having to fill it up once every 6 weeks. Now that I’ve moved to AZ, I find that mileage sucks when towing my sxs. But, it only has 80,000 miles on it and it works. Had to add a different, larger capacity transmission oil cooler to keep temperatures down, but after that it works great again. Has a 550+ range meaning I can go from Tucson to Reno with only one fill up. If Ronb is planning to ride the AZ trail, knowing how far a tank of fuel will take him, he’s thinking ahead. That trail doesn’t have a gas station every 50 miles.
Direct experience with this: once turned around at my half gas point because a thunder storm kicked up that made it likely that a stream crossing 18 miles ahead would flood out the road to the gas station. Decided it was safer to drive back to the trailer than gamble.