Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just needs a little hawk tuah. A clutch swap would just be an added something nice.
Like I said good luck with that. You’ll find out lol.
That chick aint gonna help either shes getting old quick.
something nice would be to just disclose it and drop the price to make it sweeter for someone and move on. Work Smarter not harder👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods and ChadD
R

RomanN

Jun 26, 2024
Tetonia, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Side x side will be ready in about a week. The service manager at the dealership told me that Honda did not send out a mailer for the clutch campaign. If a customer brought their vehicle into a dealership with clutch slipping issues, it was replaced at no charge.

They made it sound like it wasn't a widespread issue and usually happened within the first few hundred miles.
The dealership in Rexburg recently did a clutch job on a 2017 Pioneer 1000 (with a lot of miles on it) and said the repair cost was $1,800.

Compared with similar models in the Wyoming/Idaho/Utah/Montana area, this Honda is priced well for the condition and miles.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The service manager at the dealership told me that Honda did not send out a mailer for the clutch campaign.
Thats laughable. I remember getting one🤔
They made it sound like it wasn't a widespread issue and usually happened within the first few hundred miles.
Even more laughable! It was majorly wide spread. If you have those years and havent got it done, your lucky you havent had an issue. Not many that haven't
Ask him what These papers were if they just waited.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The dealership in Rexburg recently did a clutch job on a 2017 Pioneer 1000 (with a lot of miles on it) and said the repair cost was $1,800.
Thats about right for the update and worth it.
Compared with similar models in the Wyoming/Idaho/Utah/Montana area, this Honda is priced well for the condition and miles.
With the update done or without?
Should be a $1,500-2k lower price without IMO. You will have to shell that out eventually guaranteed.

R

RomanN

Jun 26, 2024
Tetonia, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Remington I do not disagree with anything that you said. I believe a (gay) stranger on some internet forums over anything a service advisor at any dealership says.

I stepped out for a minute and came back in the service office, and they tried to tell me the clutch work had already been done on the vehicle. I was like, I saw the clutch cover, it has not been done. Not to mention it was never brought in for any work other than oil changes.

If I had been uninformed, I would have been like, oh cool, nothing to worry about then - thanks.

We also never received any mailers about the official recalls. I have a feeling they did not enter our customer info correctly or something happened where Honda did not have our name and mailing address. I find that very frustrating. We would have had the work done had we known there was a campaign.

Still waiting to hear back from Honda as they are "looking into it". Would be surprised if they write back again.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I do not disagree with anything that you said. I believe a (gay) stranger on some internet forums over anything a service advisor at any dealership says.
Well, I work in service so watch it😁🥳
We also never received any mailers about the official recalls. I have a feeling they did not enter our customer info correctly or something happened where Honda did not have our name and mailing address. I find that very frustrating. We would have had the work done had we known there was a campaign.
I’m wondering if the dealer you bought it from did not register it to you through Honda? I’ve seen this happen with other products that we run into from other manufacturers in the original owner doesn’t even show up as registered. That would be another reason why you never got it would have nothing to do with the manufacturer.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm just messing with you @Remington
But I did laugh the first time you quoted me and said you were in service but did not address being a (gay) stranger.
Ha, when I respond to a post, most of the time Im at work in the middle of something waiting for example on an intermittent issue to show its weary head running a diag test and Im not always giving 100% of my undivided atten lol Or get interrupted by a customer or my boss in the middle as in this case. I tend to miss spoke or misspell words in an auto correct frenzy.
Thats why it took me a bit to respond to that. Had to go back and read it again to realize WTF? 😂

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well you did own a FORD 🙄🦩🤣
But Ram owners give there buddies blow jobs 🤷🏻‍♂️🌈🤪😂