Talon First Talon Ride Event Next Week... Review coming soon!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will
Lol that one did actually make me laugh out loud.

I have decided I am not trying to explain it to any more people. They clearly don't want to understand anyway. I am just going to feed the fire and get them wound up. I don't understand all the hate on I4wd so I think I will just start calling them all racist.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I will try to explain it then, the I4WD is for idiots that don't know what gear selection they want to be in and the 1000's with the total control of drive options are for idiots that want to prove they can go anywhere in 2 WD! How's that for equal slandering? HA!

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm anxious to see how much a new axle costs with the sensors on them. lol That alone scares me away from the I4wd.
The sensor is in the diff. A new axle is $225 from Honda

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bet you could put a locker in the Talon and just disable the I4WD. Just Sayin...

WB
I’m not sure you could disable it without other repercussions as it’s part of asystem. However I think there is a possibility with a locker you could either run in i4wd or cable lock without issue. I would assume if both wheels were powered it wouldn’t try braking one.

Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
It’s short unless you put portals and a 10”
Lift you ought to be fine with 30s no matter how short your garage door is.
Thanks. I guess I missed it when I've looked at the specs before.

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you brake a front CV, is it 2wd only? Seems like it would try to brake lock that wheel since the axle could free spin.
Would it be like a reg open diff? Spinning opposite ways? I'd bet the system would see the different directions and shut down 4wd completely.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Would it be like a reg open diff? Spinning opposite ways? I'd bet the system would see the different directions and shut down 4wd completely.
Think it has the weird limited slip and no spider gears? So it shouldn't spin backwards. It would normally apply power the the wheel with the least traction first which would be the broken axle and try the brake it to get the other to engage. Speed sensors are at the diff's so it would not know if the wheel is spinning or not.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Think it has the weird limited slip and no spider gears? So it shouldn't spin backwards. It would normally apply power the the wheel with the least traction first.
Weird isn't a comforting word to me! HA!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think it has the weird limited slip and no spider gears? So it shouldn't spin backwards. It would normally apply power the the wheel with the least traction first.
You are correct. It has the funny looking "face cam" and "cam followers" like the Pioneer.

The rear is solid like we already know.

advertisement