P1000 First oil change metallic in oil

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did my first oil change today after the dealer did my recall. I noticed quite a bit of metallic in the oil. I'm hoping it's just from the clutches breaking in. Anyone else experience this?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did my first oil change today after the dealer did my recall. I noticed quite a bit of metallic in the oil. I'm hoping it's just from the clutches breaking in. Anyone else experience this?
I didn’t really notice any in mine but I did when I changed the diffs.

Reactions: JenElio
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had the same thing about a year ago. Seems the break in shiny stuff and any left from manufacturing was in there. The next two changes had literally clean oil going to waste. Wonder why I changed it. You will also notice the shift changes get quieter, to the point it's an automatic transmission.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Every new to me vehicle gets an oil change after a hundred or so miles for that very reason. There usually seems to be some metal fillings that end up in the first oil change.

When I took my GMC 2500 Denali in to get one of my "free" oil changes, the tech told me that I wasn't thinking of the environment by changing the oil in a diesel after only 2500 miles. I told him that I was way more worried about my engine than I was about the environmental damage.
End of that conversation!