P700 EPS recall done + fuel pump. Now it dies when driving.

S

Snoday

Feb 16, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all,
I am having this problem also with my P700-2 Deluxe.
Do you think extra grounds will help? Or is it because the dealers are replacing the wiring harnesses and fix the problems.?

• Sad
Reactions: DG Rider
FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all,
Do you think extra grounds will help? Or is it because the dealers are replacing the wiring harnesses and fix the problems.?
After the extra grounds, I am still having the issue.

• Sad
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all,
Mine has not done it since I re-crimped the factory grounds and added extra grounds to the ecm.
After the extra grounds, I am still having the issue.
I know you ran an extra frame ground but Did you ever run the extra grounds to the ecm?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just got another person on FB with the issue, and I sent them here.

@Slackjaw you still have the machine?

@FlipKing any updates?

@HondaTech seen one of these yet?

Still not had another issue with mine.

Reactions: WagginTail
Ewan Whatarmy

Ewan Whatarmy

Jun 22, 2024
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a 2015 700-4 used with 6000km on it. Previous owner mentioned the stalling problem but he installed a second ground wire and claimed the problem was fixed. My first ride was 10 minutes before it stalled. It won’t start again after this happens but after 20-30 minutes when it’s cool it starts no problem. This is consistent - stalls when it gets warm then won’t start, let it cool, after 30 minutes it starts easily, and I’m fine for another 5-10 minutes or riding. Are you guys experiencing this or do I have a different problem? (Not sure about the dash lights - I’ll check that next weekend when I’m back at the lake where the 700-4 is).

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just bought a 2015 700-4 used with 6000km on it. Previous owner mentioned the stalling problem but he installed a second ground wire and claimed the problem was fixed. My first ride was 10 minutes before it stalled. It won’t start again after this happens but after 20-30 minutes when it’s cool it starts no problem. This is consistent - stalls when it gets warm then won’t start, let it cool, after 30 minutes it starts easily, and I’m fine for another 5-10 minutes or riding. Are you guys experiencing this or do I have a different problem? (Not sure about the dash lights - I’ll check that next weekend when I’m back at the lake where the 700-4 is).
Mine...as well as most of the others with this specific problem, seem to be able to start back up immediately. The dash reboot is the key. If you're not getting that, you have another issue.

Seems like what you've described is often down to a bad stator, which contains the crank position sensor.

Ewan Whatarmy

Ewan Whatarmy

Jun 22, 2024
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine...as well as most of the others with this specific problem, seem to be able to start back up immediately. The dash reboot is the key. If you're not getting that, you have another issue.

Seems like what you've described is often down to a bad stator, which contains the crank position sensor.
Thanks man, after reading additional posts I was coming to the same conclusion about the stator possibility. We be testing that next.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Faulty or out of spec fr/rr speed sensors ?

advertisement