P1000 Emp or kfl winch mount

B

Bowhunter_300

Feb 17, 2016
Missouri
Which Winch mount is every body liking the best. I think I'm going with the 4500# viper elite wide spool winch. All is going on a stock bumper. Thanks in advance

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Which Winch mount is every body liking the best. I think I'm going with the 4500# viper elite wide spool winch. All is going on a stock bumper. Thanks in advance
I used a KFI mount with a KFI 4500# Wide spool winch. Both item are very high quality parts. The KFI mount fits perfectly in the stock location.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I use the KFI mount and KFI 4500 stealth winch works for me with no problems.

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have KFI plate with Superwinch Terra 45 and I am happy with it. I wish that angle of the rope wasn't so drastic but oh well. Ropes are cheap.

M

Montesarider

May 4, 2016
Central Kentucky
I had a KFI mount on my Pioneer 700 along with a Viper Elite 4500 wide spool winch. I twisted the mount to the point that it had to be replaced. On that particular mount the spool wound from the top side away from the base with the rope angled where it entered the spool. I now have the same winch mounted on my 1000 using a EMP mount which is much more solid and the winch spools on the bottom next to the mount and aligns perfectly for a straight pull on the rope. The pull to the frame is in a direct line too. EMP for me.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the kfi with 4500 wide spool winch. Refuring to Old school he didn't like angle of rope, what I did is pull out all the rope, then reverse the leads on the motor and re wind back on the drum, this will put the rope on top of the drum and pull straight with fair lead. I am happy with it, works very well.

Reactions: twister
ua13gt

ua13gt

Oct 13, 2015
Rincon, GA
I have the emp. It bolts to more locations including U bolts to the frame. The winch mounts upside down and rope comes almost straight out which is the reason I went with the emp. I have the KFI winch mount sitting on my garage floor never used it because of the awkward angle of the winch line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Montesarider
M

Montesarider

May 4, 2016
Central Kentucky
I have the emp. It bolts to more locations including U bolts to the frame. The winch mounts upside down and rope comes almost straight out which is the reason I went with the emp. I have the KFI winch mount sitting on my garage floor never used it because of the awkward angle of the winch line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd like to add that the U bolts on the EMP mount are fastened to the rear of the mount so they pull straight on the frame as opposed to some mounts that are bolted down with U bolts and pull at 90 degrees to them.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the EMP and the u bolt mounts didnt line up but I still never had any issues even without the ubolts