P1000 Effective cleaning of your rig???

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My general cleaning routine is to wipe the dirt off the seats that will be used and ride.
Embarrassing when I pop up a rear seat to find the foot-space full of sand.
Still, it's easier than washing everything all the time.

Reactions: Lady01 and JenElio
R

rickoshea

My general cleaning routine is to wipe the dirt off the seats that will be used and ride.
Embarrassing when I pop up a rear seat to find the foot-space full of sand.
Still, it's easier than washing everything all the time.
i blow out pine needles with my compresser by the pound every couple weeks.it's crazy how much i collect in the damn thing.i gave up trying to suck them out with the wet/dry.

Reactions: Lady01
PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if your looking to revitalize plastics I can verify the 50/50 mix of Boiled Linseed oil, and Paint Thinner works wonders. make sure the plastics are color through and through, not applied vinyl. it also makes faded black color look like new.
I’ve tried some of the plastic restoring liquids on my pioneer and they work well until you go for a ride in the dust. The restorers then turn out to be a dust magnet (kind of like the plastic half windshields). Does the thinned linseed oil still collect the dust?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve tried some of the plastic restoring liquids on my pioneer and they work well until you go for a ride in the dust. The restorers then turn out to be a dust magnet (kind of like the plastic half windshields). Does the thinned linseed oil still collect the dust?

303 Marine UV Protectant sure works well on my Honda S2000 convertible top and interior, brings a nice luster to the finish and lasts quite awhile. It's advertised as "dust and dirt repellant", and I know that part is true . . . just didn't think to try it on the sxs, but will next cleaning.

Oh, the S2000 is a 2002 with 30K miles, original owner. Ground clearance is abysmal and off road performance is marginal at best. That and nobody makes a lift kit for it.

Kind of pricey but lasts a long time: 303

VIxCAYz

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
^^^^ but what if you switch tires?

The best way to get more ground clearance is bigger tires. What is the biggest tire you can fit on an S2000?

Reactions: Homer and Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
^^^^ but what if you switch tires?

The best way to get more ground clearance is bigger tires. What is the biggest tire you can fit on an S2000?

With the optional 14 inch wheel spacers, it'll fit tires big enough to need a stepladder to climb aboard. However, tire rub might be a problem and steering wheel may not turn much anymore Cornering may be adversely affected. Now it's so low there isn't a parking lot bumper it can clear.

Still, lots of fun. When it was made, it had the highest horsepower to displacement ratio of any production normally aspirated auto engine at 120 hp per liter. It makes 240 hp at 8,500 rpm from its 2 liter engine with a 9,000 rpm redline. The engine is behind the front axle, so technically a mid-engine and with perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Like a go cart for the road - - just stay off the road shoulder and swerve to avoid pebbles in the road.

Last edited:
advertisement
jtb33

jtb33

Apr 4, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is an old auto-detailers trick, but trust me, it works. Spray Armor All Tire Foam onto everything under the hood. This stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-Tire-Foam-Protectant/dp/B00099XKKY?tag=sxsweb24-20

You can saturate it and just let it sit - do NOT use any water, spray or wiping - the foam will clean everything in there if you just let it site for a few minutes.

The exception is if you somehow got clumps of mud or physical debris in there which you will need to break up, first. But the Armor All trick works on dirt, grime and the like - and works really well.