Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You can. But that's not the point.
Objective is to save the primary battery from drain.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yep , I can always make it back to camp without whips, light bar and stereo with my battery isolator and second battery, I do run couple of voltage meters for each battery though.

Reactions: Sheepdog
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Are the kits any good? Or do you by everything seperate?
Yes.
Here are the most common ones- trueam

There are other methods.
But these TrueAm allow both batteries to charge while protecting the main from drain.

H

Haronbo

Jan 30, 2019
DeSoto, Mo
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes.
Here are the most common ones- trueam

There are other methods.
But these TrueAm allow both batteries to charge while protecting the main from drain.

received. Type of batteries are used as secondary ( deep cycle or normal starting batteries?)

P

pioneerguy700

Jun 4, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
sheepdog,

What did you use to raise the switch panel off the dash? I have. 2018 P700-4 and know I need to have a spacer or something similar. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Pioneerguy700
I have a bunch of plastic and aluminum “project” boxes from RadioShack. So I just used the one that was closest to the size of my switchpanel. Eventually I’m going to cut the top of the box down a little on an angle cause my shifter lever just catches the corner of the box. But for now it’s fine. I cut a hole in the lid of the box to fit my switch panel. I didn’t want a big hole in my dash plus all the dirt and mud ect getting on the back of my switch panel. That’s why I went with this style of setup. There’s only a 3/4 hole in my dash where I have the wires running thru for the switches.

advertisement
P

pioneerguy700

Jun 4, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a bunch of plastic and aluminum “project” boxes from RadioShack. So I just used the one that was closest to the size of my switchpanel. Eventually I’m going to cut the top of the box down a little on an angle cause my shifter lever just catches the corner of the box. But for now it’s fine. I cut a hole in the lid of the box to fit my switch panel. I didn’t want a big hole in my dash plus all the dirt and mud ect getting on the back of my switch panel. That’s why I went with this style of setup. There’s only a 3/4 hole in my dash where I have the wires running thru for the switches.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I was thinking of doing the same thing and get a pre wire panel with switches and meter.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I was thinking of doing the same thing and get a pre wire panel with switches and meter.
Absolutely, the pre wired switch panels are the way to go. Not sure if they all are but I got a marine/boat one that’s waterproof. I also swapped out the single voltmeter that it came with for a dual voltmeter.