Dual battery set up question

Justin21

Justin21

Mar 25, 2016
Jacksonville, Fl
Need a little help. I installed my second battery with the true isolator relay. Originally (before secondary battery) I have my fuse block getting power from accessories wire which I tied into.

My question is should I leave my fuse box to accessories the way it is now or do I need to do something different to get all accessories on the 2nd battery.

Thanks in advanced.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

If your fuse box is running on the Honda accessory wire... then it's running off the stock battery. The supply needs to come from the positive side of the auxiliary battery to the positive of the fuse box. I would run a switch between the battery and fuse box so they're not hot 24/7

Reactions: Eltobgi
Justin21

Justin21

Mar 25, 2016
Jacksonville, Fl
Ok. So I would have to just turn the switch on to power the accessories and vise versa. Sounds good that is what I will do. Thank you for the help

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Need a little help. I installed my second battery with the true isolator relay. Originally (before secondary battery) I have my fuse block getting power from accessories wire which I tied into.

My question is should I leave my fuse box to accessories the way it is now or do I need to do something different to get all accessories on the 2nd battery.

Thanks in advanced.

I would power the fuse block by connecting directly from 2nd battery positive!

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Ok. So I would have to just turn the switch on to power the accessories and vise versa. Sounds good that is what I will do. Thank you for the help

Yes.. it really depends on how many amps your setup is pulling as to what direction folks would suggest.

I suggest searching dual battery setups on here and get some ideas on the how and why things are setup the way they are.

Reactions: sharp and Justin21
Justin21

Justin21

Mar 25, 2016
Jacksonville, Fl
I would power the fuse block by connecting directly from 2nd battery positive!
I will have to do the switch between the battery and fuse box. Can't have constant power to my switched being the light up in the off position. Thank you though

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I will have to do the switch between the battery and fuse box. Can't have constant power to my switched being the light up in the off position. Thank you though

You are welcome! I have the switch between the auxiliary and fuse block but very seldom use it! Instead I ran the way 12V Acc through a toggle. What are your all running?

Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Light bar, rock lights, radio, interior lights, volt meter and soon to be winch.

Well share your progress with pictures and if you have any questions along the way there are a lot of club members ready to help!

Reactions: sharp and JTW