P1000 Drive mode indicator not working

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Will the indicator show turf mode or will it only show 2wd? Thought I read that it won't?

All it shows is turf mode on the display. Which I think is the same thing that it shows even with the display off, but I don't remember.

It just shows the 4 wheels "whited out" with "X" at each diff.

Never will show anything else, even when the machine is very definitely in a different mode.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes mine worked to begin with but was slow to engage. After the adjustment it would go into each mode bit did not register on display . Sounds strange and yours is the only other one that seems to have had the same problem I did

That sounds EXACTLY like what is wrong with mine.

Do you have a white model around the 4900 VIN serial number range? Maybe ours were both assembled by the same person...

I wonder when they changed out the display if they fixed the problem because the display was bad or in the process of switching out the display reconnected/replaced the wire that was either damaged or disconnected.

Either that or the display was just wonky from the factory and setting it back to specs pushed it over the edge and killed it.

I am going to try and trace the wires/cables tonight and push on them all and make sure something didn't come loose.

Reactions: GlockMeister
X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
I do have a white Model, (MAY 19th) but I am at work and cant get you a VIN #. I have never seen Turf mode on the display nor have I been able to tell that it is in turf mode. Took tight turns on gravel and see both tires spin. I am going to buy the service manual. Thanks everyone!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds EXACTLY like what is wrong with mine.

Do you have a white model around the 4900 VIN serial number range? Maybe ours were both assembled by the same person...

I wonder when they changed out the display if they fixed the problem because the display was bad or in the process of switching out the display reconnected/replaced the wire that was either damaged or disconnected.

Either that or the display was just wonky from the factory and setting it back to specs pushed it over the edge and killed it.

I am going to try and trace the wires/cables tonight and push on them all and make sure something didn't come loose.
No white mine camo..don't know what the vin# is. I bought mine in February so it's one of the earlier ones I guess. Not sure what fixed what and it took them 3 weeks to figure it out but they got it straightened out.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Must not be a specific production error causing it then.

Since it is across varied units and dissimilar production times.

Bet it has something to do with how the dealers are setting them up with stacking with some production variation.

Marshallmike25

Marshallmike25

Jul 29, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine is locked In 2wheel lock. I can go to 4 and 4 lock. Takes a little bit to lock in and out but will not disengage the rear into turf mode. Drive it all day in turf 30 miles but never unlocked. I checked at every turn still sliding it sideways. Only at about 8 hrs so if it does not loosen up it will be going in for its 20 hr and dealer can have at it. Unless I get bored and try to adjust the cables

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Mine is locked In 2wheel lock. I can go to 4 and 4 lock. Takes a little bit to lock in and out but will not disengage the rear into turf mode. Drive it all day in turf 30 miles but never unlocked. I checked at every turn still sliding it sideways. Only at about 8 hrs so if it does not loosen up it will be going in for its 20 hr and dealer can have at it. Unless I get bored and try to adjust the cables
By what you said you need to just middle cable tighten it up some.